News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Re: 2.1.2 to 2.1.3

Started by Grant, November 24, 2022, 06:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant

Thank you all for your continued support. This isn't installing for me, for some reason.

Current version 2.1.2.

First it wasn't available in the package manager until I manually downloaded it.

Then, I get the following code showing up in the window after trying to install. obviously, /home/clint/... is my server home, and I assume this is the error that is produced when trying to install:

Quotearray(14) {
  • => array(3) { ["file"]=> string(57) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(590) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [1]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(57) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(494) ["function"]=> string(12) "smf_db_error" } [2]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(50) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(138) ["function"]=> string(12) "smf_db_query" } [3]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(50) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(301) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [4]=> array(1) { ["function"]=> string(17) "smf_error_handler" } [5]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(57) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(1027) ["function"]=> string(22) "mysqli_stmt_bind_param" } [6]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(50) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(129) ["function"]=> string(19) "smf_db_error_insert" } [7]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(57) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(590) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [8]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(57) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(494) ["function"]=> string(12) "smf_db_error" } [9]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(52) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Packages.php" ["line"]=> int(928) ["function"]=> string(12) "smf_db_query" } [10]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(48) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(6009) ["function"]=> string(14) "PackageInstall" } [11]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(52) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Packages.php" ["line"]=> int(91) ["function"]=> string(11) "call_helper" } [12]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(49) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/Sources/Admin.php" ["line"]=> int(499) ["function"]=> string(8) "Packages" } [13]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(41) "/home/clint5/public_html/forums/index.php" ["line"]=> int(191) ["function"]=> string(9) "AdminMain" } } Error loop.
It doesn't install so it's still working on 2.1.2, which is a relief.

I can't see anything obvious at .../Sources/Errors.php or anywhere else, and it just seems to refer to an error loop (possibly related to a database error?).

Any ideas?

Best for now.

Kindred

Please start your own thread since your issue has absolutely nothing to do with the thread you piggybacked on
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Grant

What? This is its own thread - isn't it?

Grant

Oh, I see - you moved it. It is kind of the same issue isn't it - errors upgrading from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3?
Whatever makes everyone happy. any helpful ideas?

Dzonny

How did you tried to install it? You downloaded patch file from our site and tried to use it? Can we see a link to your forum?

Grant

Thanks for replying Dzonny,

Yes, at first I couldn't find it through the usual mechanisms but eventually got it to list in the package manager and did it from there.

The forum is https://www.clintools.com/forums/

shall I create a membership for you with admin?

Dzonny

If possible yes, I'd be able to take a look at it today. It may be a permission issue with directories on server. Can you check what is the chmod for folders and files inside forum directory?

Steve

Quote from: Grant on November 30, 2022, 10:44:26 PMIt is kind of the same issue isn't it - errors upgrading from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3?
There can be different issues that would cause a particular person's installation to have problems upgrading. That's why all problems regarding the upgrade shouldn't be in the same topic.

Quote from: Grant on November 30, 2022, 10:44:26 PMWhatever makes everyone happy.
This either smacks of attitude, in which case, chill ... or it's too early in the morning and I'm misinterpreting your intent, in which case, ignore this second quote.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Grant

Hi Steve,
No, flaming is really not my style. I don't see any winners there - ever.
Cheers

Grant

Quote from: Dzonny on December 01, 2022, 03:46:01 AMIf possible yes, I'd be able to take a look at it today. It may be a permission issue with directories on server. Can you check what is the chmod for folders and files inside forum directory?

Thank you Dzonny. I snipped a couple of pictures of the file permissions and they are attached here.

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment. 

I'll need an email to join you on the forum with admin permissions, though.

Again, thanks.

Grant

Steve

Quote from: Grant on December 01, 2022, 08:31:58 PMHi Steve,
No, flaming is really not my style. I don't see any winners there - ever.
Cheers
Thanks for that. Cheers.
DO NOT pm me for support!

cgeek

Thought I would post an experience I had with this patch that also generated this type of error for me, which was a bear to track down.  In the list of fixes there is this one: "Fixed a bug where PHP 8.1 was being persnickety and did not like implicit float to int conversions." and that is the one that broke a few things (I believe mostly introduced by mods.) 

Basically if there is any code trying to do a DB insert/update where the target table in the DB has an int field, but the SQL code might possibly try to insert a float, you might see this error.  Prior to this patch, this "looseness" was handled by the implicit conversion from float to int that PHP did.  Now you will need to explicitly convert that same value to an int prior to calling the DB functions to insert/update those values.  The implicit conversion of floats to ints no longer happens.

Hope that helps.

Grant

Thanks cgeek. I wonder whether the fact I was using an old version of PHP contributed. Ended up doing a big install ....

Just some feedback more generally ... I got some wonderful help from Dzonny and the main forum is now upgraded. In the end we (well, not really me to be honest) did a manual backup and install the long way round.

There's obviously something odd happening on some servers, maybe PHP related. I was on 7.2 (yeah, I know, take pity on me).

Best (and thank you again Dzonny - above and beyond help!).

Grant

Advertisement: