News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0.15 -> 2.1.13 Large Upgrade Breaks

Started by Warhaven, November 27, 2022, 07:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warhaven

Hello everybody.  I'm attempting to upgrade my forum, but not having any luck.  Using the 2.13 large upgrade, copied to the root forum, and replacing everything it needs to replace.  When I load the upgrade.php, I get this garbled mess:

Only the [SKIP] seems to work, and leads to this:

Which if I proceed with my DB login and password, gets stuck on this (nothing happens):

And clicking on [SKIP] again, takes me back to the first image.  Thoughts?  Hints?  Suggestions?  Thanks everybody.

Kindred

Actually,  what you should do, is delete the Sources and Themes folders entirely. Also delete index.php.

Then upload the new files from the upgrade archive.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

try running What is repair_settings.php? and make sure all your paths are correct. it looks like some of your CSS is not loading correctly.

Warhaven

I will try one or both and report back.  Thanks for the input.

Warhaven

Bummer.  No dice.  I did both, but I'm still in the same boat. Verified my settings and filled in all the new settings that were blank from prior version.

If it matters, I'm running PHP 7.4.2 on Apache2 with APC caching enabled.

Doug Heffernan

What is the default language for your forum? If you are not using English as default language, can you switch to it and give it another go?

Warhaven

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on November 28, 2022, 02:12:12 PMWhat is the default language for your forum? If you are not using English as default language, can you switch to it and give it another go?

$language is set to "english" in my settings.

Illori

is your Settings.php file able to be written to by the server?

Warhaven

Quote from: Illori on November 28, 2022, 05:16:09 PMis your Settings.php file able to be written to by the server?

Yeah.  _www is the owner (which the apache webserver).  [edit]  The error changed, but that's because I accidentally deleted the index.php.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you first try running upgrade.php with language set to other than english?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Warhaven

wait... wut... !??

Okay, it just started working out of the blue and my tables have been updated.  Is it possible Apache was serving up cached files after I implemented your suggestions, so I was still working off borked files?  *shrug*  Whelp, we're working now.  What a hassle.  hah.  :o

Advertisement: