News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Mod for adding text to the post

Started by Rick53, November 28, 2022, 09:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick53

I'm looking for a modification that gives the user the option of adding a predefined text to the edit field. Preferably with an icon in the BBC bar. It should only be an addition to the post text. If the user does not want it, he can do without it.

I have a forum with tour descriptions. The users enter their experiences here. If anyone wants additions, they should click on the BBC icon. Then my text specifications are entered into the post.

Example:
  Target:
Etc.

Is there a similar modification?
I have already tested Custom Form Mod. It's not what I'm looking for.

Steve

What about SMF Post Prefix? It won't give you icons itself but it may do the rest of what you're looking for.

I use it and love it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

m4z

I think the OP is asking for a mod that inserts buttons to the editor toolbar which add text into the editor.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

why note use the custom forms mod?

That way, you have defined fields to fill in, and the post gets made with your pre-defined format displaying the preface text and the field values that you tell it to do...

e.g. On one site I support, I have a "contact us" form that posts the details to a staff-only board.
on another site, I have used the form to allow people to post recipes in a standardized format.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

There are several mods that let you create custom bbc codes, you may be able to use one of them -

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=mods;search=custom+bbc
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Diego Andrés

Perhaps this is the mod you are looking for https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=3818
It's not available for 2.1 at the moment

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Rick53

Thank you for your answers. I will now test all the mods mentioned.

Advertisement: