News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changing selection behavior when text is selected

Started by jsx, November 30, 2022, 08:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Hello.

In SMF 2.0.x, after selecting the text and bolding it, the selection is still keep, so can quickly add a color for the text. In 2.1 after bolding the text the selection disappears. Is it possible to change this in 2.1? Can someone provide a solution?

SMF 2.0

SMF 2.1

In general, I have a question for the creators of SMF 2.1, why did you change it?

Diego Andrés

Keep in mind it's not the same editor.
Likely sceditor doesn't have such behavior.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

jsx

Is this the sceditor?

https://www.sceditor.com/

On this page in this editor, after selecting the text and making it bold, the text is still selected and I can quickly select the color of the text without having to select it again.

jsx

I think that in SMF 2.1 there is a bug that causes that after selecting the text and selecting, e.g., bold, the text selection disappears. In the demo sceditor it works correctly.

@shawnb61 can you take a look at it?

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

jsx

Exactly, it's annoying.

Thanks for responding to this report.

live627

Quote from: jsx on November 30, 2022, 09:35:15 AMIs this the sceditor?

https://www.sceditor.com/

On this page in this editor, after selecting the text and making it bold, the text is still selected and I can quickly select the color of the text without having to select it again.
it also happens there if I switch to source mode, the very last button in the toolbar.

jsx

Quote from: live627 on November 30, 2022, 09:35:09 PMit also happens there if I switch to source mode, the very last button in the toolbar.

Right. Anyway, I hope you can fix it. Unless you consult with the creator of the sceditor.

It is annoying that the selection disappears from the text after selecting, for example, bold text. I think that I, as the content creator, should decide whether I want to end the text selection.

jsx

Guys what's next for this editor? Will fixing this be assigned to 2.1.4?

jsx

Sesquipedalian

What's next is that when someone has time, they'll look into fixing it. :)

The member of the dev team who is the most familiar with the editor code has had somewhat limited time lately, and the bug is very minor. It'll be fixed once someone has time to deal with it.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

jsx

Sesquipedalian okay I understand this. Thank you for the information.

jsx

I would like to know if this bug will be fixed with the release of version 2.1.5?

Kindred

Does not look like it. No one has touched it in github
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

So there's no man on the SMF team who can fix it?

Steve

There are plenty of Team Members who could fix it but it's a matter of priorities.

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on March 25, 2023, 11:42:56 AMwhen someone has time, they'll look into fixing it
DO NOT pm me for support!

jsx

Steve, thank you for your message. I really understand that other bugs are a priority to fix in SMF 2.1.5, but it would be nice if this bug was finally fixed. This is truly an annoying bug in this editor.

Advertisement: