Change profile link gives me a 500 error

Started by grega, December 01, 2022, 12:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

grega

Still not working. You should be able to see the error in the logs.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hmm, well - that IS odd. But if you manually type ;language=english at the end of the url and hit enter, SMF should pick it up and change your language to english while loading the page. You can also use the dropdown in the top right corner of the page to switch language first though.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

Hard refresh your browser page. It worked fine for me until I clicked on https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=584352.0 ... then the other links did what you are saying. I did a hard refresh and then the links worked normally.

Edit: this is odd ... if I click on the topic link first, then all the other links bring me to this topic. Clicking the profile link first makes the other links work correctly. Going to try another browser.

Edit 2: the previous edit was in Firefox. In Chrome, everything works correctly.
DO NOT pm me for support!

grega

Ctrl + F5 didn't affect anything.

If I change the language to English US, then I can access
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;area=account;u=580100

As soon I change it back to Slovenščina, I get the 500 error.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thought so, there's likely something broken in that language pack.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

grega

I doesn't happen on my site though using a current language pack, could you install the current language pack here?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

We are looking in to this, trying to pinpoint the root cause first.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

SleePy

grega,

I've got a fix in place.  There is a translation issue with the language.  I sent the change up in Crowdin as well.  We are looking into what Corwdin or a CI tool can do to detect this.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: