Setting all users to receive emails on their profile page?

Started by rcane, December 02, 2022, 01:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

I know it's back to basics, setting up a quick forum for a side project, but I've not had to look at it in a long time.

I need users to be able to see the email icon to email a member--when viewing their profile.

Isn't there a way to force that to be visible?

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

rcane

Quote from: Steve on December 02, 2022, 02:30:55 PMSeems like an invasion of privacy to me.

it's not.  it's time sensitive and everyone is signing up for a reason.

Steve

So you want anyone to be able to email anyone at any time?

rcane

Quote from: Steve on December 02, 2022, 02:35:18 PMSo you want anyone to be able to email anyone at any time?

if a user views another's profile, the email icon is missing next to the PM button. 

I thought that was a global setting, though I cannot recall.

Illori

Sir Osis of Liver

It's a registration option, default is disabled.  I believe it's hide_email in _members table, you could set it to 1 for all members with query.  If anyone did that on any forum I'm on, I'd be done and gone.  :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

rcane

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 02, 2022, 08:04:24 PMIt's a registration option, default is disabled.  I believe it's hide_email in _members table, you could set it to 1 for all members with query.  If anyone did that on any forum I'm on, I'd be done and gone.  :P

Oh I know.  This is a work-related, quickly assembled project, that's organized about 1500 people to get a task accomplished.  Every person is signing up TO get emails from everyone else.  It's in-house only, but I agree that forcing emails isn't nice. 

Sir Osis of Liver

If it's necessary for all members to allow emails, you can enable it globally with query, and would be good idea to make it enabled by default for registration, or enable it and remove the option. 

- R. Waters

Steve

Quote from: rcane on December 02, 2022, 08:08:21 PMThis is a work-related, quickly assembled project, that's organized about 1500 people to get a task accomplished.  Every person is signing up TO get emails from everyone else.  It's in-house only
Thank you for this explanation.  :)

rcane

I need to change the language next to the email checkbox to indicate it's necessary to select it. 

Which template is that under?

I stink at trying to track those down

Sir Osis of Liver

This what you're looking for?

index.english.php

$txt['allow_user_email'] = 'Allow users to email me';

- R. Waters

Advertisement: