How to delete a warning?

Started by ToeKnee, December 03, 2022, 12:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToeKnee

On my forum smf2.1.3 one of the moderators issued a warning to a member by mistake through "member profile- action- issue a warning", how can this warning be removed? I cannot seem to find a way to do it as admin not can my moderator. Thank you.

Julius_2000

One option is to go to Moderation Center/Members/Watched members

and then click on the warning level. Then reset the warning level to 0%. It's a little bit confusing, it took me quite some time to figure it out, too.

Steve

Or Profile -> Action Tab -> Issue A Warning

Put the level at zero.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yes, it's basically designed so that you can not simply "remove" a warning, but you can issue a new manual warning level so that both actions will stay in the warning history.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ToeKnee

Thanks for the answers. I was hoping there was some way of simply removing the warning completely. Already set to zero so I'll see if anyone else has any ideas. Again, thanks.

Kindred

Ideas as to what? There is, very purposefully, no way to remove it from the admin logs.

But, if it's set to 0%, what does it matter?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julius_2000

Quote from: ToeKnee on December 03, 2022, 02:52:27 PMThanks for the answers. I was hoping there was some way of simply removing the warning completely. Already set to zero so I'll see if anyone else has any ideas. Again, thanks.

When set to 0%, the warning should be removed. Can you please clarify if the user in question still has a warning level or no?

If you want, you can deactivate the warning system in the admin section as well.

Sesquipedalian

Setting the warning level to 0% undoes any functional effects of the previously issued warning, so that's all you need to do in order to restore the user's normal permissions and abilities on the forum.

If that isn't good enough for your needs, then my guess is that there is some social reason why you want to make it seem as though the warning was never issued at all. In that case, I suggest that you simply enter "Previous warning was issued incorrectly" in the Reason for Warning field when you set the warning level to 0%. It is always better to acknowledge and correct a mistake than it is to try to pretend the mistake didn't happen.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Steve

As the OP was here after the last post without answering any of the questions asked, I'm marking this solved.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: