1 member is getting error message when trying to send PMs

Started by tech9, December 05, 2022, 06:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tech9

When she tries to send someone a private message she is getting this error message:

"The message has the following error or errors that must be corrected before continuing:
The letters you typed do not match the letters that were shown in the picture."

And it produces this error in the maintenance logs:

Type of error: Undefined
 8: Undefined index: can_recaptcha
 http://myforumurl.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=1
 /home/username/myforum.com/username/htdocs/Themes/BootBuff/GenericControls.template.php (Line 188)

Type of error: General
 2: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 http://myforum.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send2
 /home/username/myforum.com/username/htdocs/Themes/BootBuff/GenericControls.template.php (Line 188)

Doug Heffernan

It looks to me like that user is not entering corrctly the antispam pictures.

Kindred

well, no -- the error suggests that the anti-spam pictures may not be loading properly -- could be a bad theme/template.

If the user uses the default theme, does the error continue to happen?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

^ that, and

Is this the only user experiencing these problems? (may be the only user who has reported the problem) It's unlikely to be an issue isolated to one user.

I suggest asking a sample of your users (say 5) to test it - in that same theme - to see if it's working for them.

If it's only affecting this user - as at least a starting point get her to log out, delete her browser cache and cookies, and log back in. It will probably make no difference but at least it helps to start with that 'clean slate' if it does happen to be just her with the problem.  Oh and it also makes her feel things are being done :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: