News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

CSS Help

Started by [chrisB], January 27, 2023, 11:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[chrisB]

I'm a tinkerer when it comes to CSS, my knowledge is very limited but I can do the basics and even that can be somewhat of a stretch at times [I'm trying to get better at it - I don't find it easy though]. 😊

I am using Tiny Portal as my sites front.

I have enabled ".roundframe" for the right panel.

I like the contrast that it gives between my bodies content and blocks to the right of it. However, I do not like the appearance of it inside the forum board index. It makes things seem a bit sloppy and lob sided. With this in mind, I have tried to find ways in removing it.

Today whilst tinkering, I realised I could do it.
.action_forum .roundframe {
    margin: 1px 0px 0px 0px;
    padding: 0;
    background: 0;
    border: 0;
    border-radius: 0;
    box-shadow: 0;
    overflow: 0;
}

This does the trick, but it comes with me needing re-add the roundframe CSS to the info center's CSS.

That's fine, but do I really need all the '0' values in the above example?

I'm also trying to find a way to override this;
<div id="tprightbarContainer" style="width:305px;">
I would prefer it to be 270 in width just for the forum, but I cannot figure out how to make this happen.

Site: https://poetryartonline.com/forum/

I'd really appreciate someone who is more knowledgable to help me out here.

Thanks 😊
I'm stuck in a time warp from the early 00's.

Diego Andrés

You'd have to target the TP block, along with the action
.action_forum .tp_rightblock_body .roundframe

Also in your forum it looks like the entire column is a roundframe instead of each block?
You could also use #tprightbarContainer

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

[chrisB]

Quote from: Diego Andrés on January 27, 2023, 11:31:46 AMYou'd have to target the TP block, along with the action
.action_forum .tp_rightblock_body .roundframe
.action_forum .tp_rightblock_body .roundframe {
  width: 270px;
}

I've tried this and other ways I thought might target the width.

Quote from: Diego Andrés on January 27, 2023, 11:31:46 AMAlso in your forum it looks like the entire column is a roundframe instead of each block?
You could also use #tprightbarContainer
It's set to show different styles per block, I have removed the full roundframe as I prefer this look for the forum area. Top part of the attached screenshot is my home page in comparison to the forum.

All I'm trying to figure out now is if there's a cleaner way to remove the '0' values from the CSS I originally posted and targeting the width of the panel in the forum.

Thanks.

Diego Andrés

Did you solve it? Shows marked as solved.

Quote from: [chrisB] on January 27, 2023, 12:06:10 PMAll I'm trying to figure out now is if there's a cleaner way to remove the '0' values from the CSS I originally posted and targeting the width of the panel in the forum.
You can just overwrite them like you were attempting to do.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

[chrisB]

Yes, thank you Diego. I got there in the end thanks to help from rjen. :)

Advertisement: