News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Memberlist bug

Started by Random Username, January 24, 2023, 12:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random Username

Hi, I've reproduced this on two servers plus my local test server with latest version of SMF. If you create a few custom profile fields and set them to appear on the memberlist and then deactivate a field or more depending apparently on the length of the data in the field(s), the data will no longer properly align with the correct heading. It will align with a different heading. Also, if you then view the memberlist on mobile, you get the following errors in the log:

https://mysite.com/index.php?action=mlist
/.../mysite.com/public_html/Themes/default/Memberlist.template.php (Line 51)

Type of error: Undefined
Error message Select
2: Undefined array key "selected"

https://mysite.com/index.php?action=mlist
.../mysite.com/public_html/Sources/Memberlist.php (Line 280)

Type of error: Undefined
Error message Select
2: Undefined array key "label"

If you add the column(s)/profile fields back to the memberlist, things line up correctly and the errors disappear.

Diego Andrés

Cannot reproduce with any of the default custom fields or a new one.
Enabled them for the memberlist, disabled them, no errors.

Tested on both 2.1.3 and GH files.

Quote from: Random Username on January 24, 2023, 12:55:42 AMAlso, if you then view the memberlist on mobile, you get the following errors in the log:
This doesn't make sense, errors don't magically appear just because you use a different device.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

DeadMan...

Quote from: Diego Andrés on March 04, 2023, 01:15:58 PMThis doesn't make sense, errors don't magically appear just because you use a different device.

Unless maybe if it is set in the code to show something different when detect smaller screen.
Then there may be errors when viewing with a mobile device, but not when viewing with a desktop set to show differently.
I tell it how I see it... Don't like it? Hit Alt+F4!

Arantor

Quote from: DeadMan... on March 04, 2023, 01:19:47 PMUnless maybe if it is set in the code to show something different when detect smaller screen.

Except that 'smaller screen size' isn't sent to the server.

Does the 'selected' error happen on a completely unmodified SMF? Because I'm willing to bet this is a symptom of editing the menus...

Random Username

Sorry, too long ago for me to recall.

Kindred

Given the edits this user has made, especially to the menus, as arantor pointed out... and none of us can reproduce... and the user themselves can't remember,  I am marking this as not a bug
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: