News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Where can I adjust position of copyright?

Started by Random Username, February 01, 2023, 12:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random Username

The SMF copyright is pushed down the screen a fair ways. How can I move it up so it's closer to the info center/roundframe?

Thank you!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The actual copyright is called in index.template.php - But, the answer really depends on what is pushing it that far in the first place.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

look at your CSS -- it looks like you have a large defined footer section.  you don't need to move the copyright in code --  you need to reduce the footer in CSS.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Random Username

Thank you, Kindred. The issue was this line in css and adjusting to zero fixed:
flex: 0 0 auto;
Follow-up question. I'd like to include the disclaimer, "Mysite.com is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Simple Machines," on the same line as the copyright so as not to make the page longer. The html is below. Can someone assist? Thank you very much:

// There is now a global "Go to top" link at the right.
    echo '
        <ul>
            <li class="floatright"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
            <li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(),  '</li>
        </ul>';

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Random Username on February 01, 2023, 03:08:03 PMThank you, Kindred. The issue was this line in css and adjusting to zero fixed:
flex: 0 0 auto;
Follow-up question. I'd like to include the disclaimer, "Mysite.com is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Simple Machines," on the same line as the copyright so as not to make the page longer. The html is below. Can someone assist? Thank you very much:

// There is now a global "Go to top" link at the right.
    echo '
        <ul>
            <li class="floatright"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
            <li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(),  '</li>
        </ul>';

As Kindred said, you will just need to add it after the copyright and before the </li>

So something like this -
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), ' | <a href="https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=218416">PurpleHaze Theme By: TwitchisMental</a> </li>

Advertisement: