News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Registering help

Started by simplenick, May 23, 2023, 03:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplenick

Got an older forum we are looking to start updating soon however noticed sometime over the last few weeks a new error that people get that prevents them from registering as seen below:

Ver: 2.0.15
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: ip_low1

I do see that under ban_items in the DB and nothing has changed server side with the DB or files - any idea how to fix this up or apply a band-aid fix for now so people can register again?

Thanks!

Kindred

I don't think that is a core smf field...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

simplenick

I didn't think so either, forum was setup by someone else nearly 10 years ago.

Any ideas how to get around this error or where to look?

Thanks

simplenick

Came across this in the error log so guessing related to this package:

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: expire_time
Function: spamBlockerRegisterApply Filter: Only show the errors from this fileFile: /Sources/SpamBlocker.php
Line: 133
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I went to that area (around 133 and found this):
                /* Add data to the ban_groups table */
                if ((!$date) && (((int)$ban_full == 1) || ((int)$ban_post+(int)$ban_register+(int)$ban_login) == 0))
                    $request = $smcFunc['db_insert']('insert', "
                                    {db_prefix}ban_groups",
                                    array('name' => 'string', 'ban_time' => 'int', 'expire_time' => 'int', 'cannot_access' => 'int', 'cannot_register' => 'int', 'cannot_post' => 'int', 'cannot_login' => 'int', 'reason' => 'string', 'notes' => 'string'),
                                    array(trim($name), $time, NULL, 1, 0, 0, 0, $reason, $notes),
                                    array('id_ban_group')
                                );
                elseif (!$date)
                                    {db_prefix}ban_groups",
                                    array('name' => 'string', 'ban_time' => 'int', 'expire_time' => 'int', 'cannot_access' => 'int', 'cannot_register' => 'int', 'cannot_post' => 'int', 'cannot_login' => 'int', 'reason' => 'string', 'notes' => 'string'),
                                    array(trim($name), $time, NULL, 0, $ban_register, $ban_post, $ban_login, $reason, $notes),
                                    array('id_ban_group')
                                );
                elseif (((int)$ban_full == 1) || ((int)$ban_post+(int)$ban_register+(int)$ban_login) == 0)
                                    {db_prefix}ban_groups",
                                    array(trim($name), $time, $date, 1, 0, 0, 0, $reason, $notes),
                                    array('id_ban_group')
                                );
                else
                                    {db_prefix}ban_groups",
                                    array(trim($name), $time, $date, 0, $ban_register, $ban_post, $ban_login, $reason, $notes),
                                    array('id_ban_group')
                                );

$result = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
                            SELECT id_ban_group, notes
                            FROM {db_prefix}ban_groups
                            WHERE notes = {string:notes}",
                            array('notes' => $notes)
                        );
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There an updated version of this package perhaps we can try or anything you recommend?

Thanks

Kindred

AT this point, the best suggestion that I have would be to perform the large upgrade to 2.1.3.
Doing this should remove all mods and put your system in a modern state (because 2.0.15 won't even support modern php versions and you are going to encounter more and more problems...   so rather than debug problems on an outdated system - do the upgrade and we can work further from that point. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: