SCEditor - pile of **** - any solutions?

Started by Col, February 22, 2023, 10:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col

Quote from: Col on February 21, 2023, 11:16:45 AMHi all,

I've posted a few times over the past few days, for the first time in a very long time. I have experienced several problems editing my posts here before actually posting them. If I need to go back earlier in the post to change something, the cursor immediately skips to the end of the line or sentence. The only workaround is to go back further, enter a return, edit the offending passage, and the remove the return. I think this has occurred three times in about ten posts.

I experienced similar problem with SMF 2, which is why I disabled it our forum. I will be upgrading to SMF 2.1 soon, and was looking forward to a properly functioning text editor for members. Looks like this is not the case.

Windows 10 and 11; Firefox.
I posted the above yesterday in feedback, but my post probably will not gain any traction there.

Are there any practical solutions? I was expecting the text editor to function much better than it does in 2.0.x. I was wrong - seems about the same to me.

Arantor

Weird, I haven't encountered the behaviour you describe and I've been a FF user for years.

I wonder if it's a browser extension you have that I don't.

Col

I doubt it. Two different computers - same problem.

I just checked this computer - two add-ons, both previously disabled.

Kindred

as noted in the other thread -- I use the same setup (Win10/FF)  I have not seen the issue that you are reporting.

I saw something LIKE that in the early beta versions, but only on Android/FF - and I have not seen it since.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TwitchisMental

You do not need to be making multiple topics and/or posts about the same issue.

Others are infact trying to assist you in your original topic found here - https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=585125

Due to this, I am closing this topic.

Advertisement: