News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Token verification Error

Started by macattack, March 23, 2023, 02:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macattack

Hello all,

I have a new setup for SMF 2.1.3. A number of my users have had an issue logging in (even me personally) where sometimes we get an error: "Token verification failed. Please go back and try again. "

This is all of the information that we get. Now, when I load up a private browser, I am able to log in just fine.

I have been trying to find online an understanding but it seems that there isn't much online. So I figured that I would come to the community and ask about it here.

1) What are some common causes of this error?
2) Could the error be cookie based?
3) If this is a common error, what are some possible steps to solving it?

Kindred

a) what is your forum URL? 
b) What forum URL are you trying to reach when you receive that message

(I will bet you that a != b)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

macattack

So it looks like I can't post links until I am 10 posts in. So I will have to do this the long way

My link to the forum is:

forum[dot]juicehouse[dot]org

And when I sign in (or attempt to sign in) it goes to:

forum[dot]juicehouse[dot]org/index[dot]PHP?action=login2

macattack

Oh also, when I click on the log-in button in the top left-hand corner, I am able to log in without a problem each time. Only when I use the log forum when going to the above link do I have issues.

Advertisement: