upgrading the error log

Started by Snow-Man, March 22, 2023, 06:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow-Man

when i was trying to upgrade my forum i have got this problem

https://imgur.com/a/StJGWVI
i have tried to reduce the limit on upgrade file from $limit = 100000; to $limit = 1000; didnt work
and the language is already set as default to english
anyone know how to fix that?
thank you for reading

Sir Osis of Liver

You should always empty error log before upgrading.   There's an option in upgrader to do that.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Snow-Man

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 22, 2023, 08:51:15 PMYou should always empty error log before upgrading.   There's an option in upgrader to do that.

I did that but still having the same problem

Sir Osis of Liver

Which version are you upgrading from?

- R. Waters

Snow-Man

Sir Osis of Liver

Look for smfVersion in _settings table.  Was the forum up and running before you started upgrade?

- R. Waters

Snow-Man

It was running and empty, database is fresh

Sir Osis of Liver

Why are you upgrading an empty 2.0 forum?  Just do a clean 2.1.3 install.

- R. Waters

Snow-Man

Just imported database then did the upgrade process after that i got that error

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Snow-Man on March 23, 2023, 04:39:41 AMJust imported database then did the upgrade process after that i got that error

I got a little confused to be honest. What version is the database that you imported? And to what version of Smf did you import it to? The more details you give us the better.

Kindred

You can not use a 2.0.x database with 2.1.x files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Snow-Man

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on March 23, 2023, 06:33:12 AM
Quote from: Snow-Man on March 23, 2023, 04:39:41 AMJust imported database then did the upgrade process after that i got that error

I got a little confused to be honest. What version is the database that you imported? And to what version of Smf did you import it to? The more details you give us the better.
database version is 2.0
Quote from: Kindred on March 23, 2023, 10:53:42 AMYou can not use a 2.0.x database with 2.1.x files
is it possible with upgrade.php?

Kindred

of course.

HOWEVER...   the values in Settings.php need to point to the correct database... and the values in the DATABASE need to point to the correct file locations for things like themes, smileys, avatars, and attachments

So, importing a 2.0 database for a site into a site that does not have THE EXACT SAME setup is going to fail.
Upgreade.php ASSUMES that the 2.0 site is running and correctly configured...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

One of the reasons the upgrade of your 1.1.4 database failed was because repair_settings couldn't display theme paths, had to fix them manually in database.  Upgrader will fail if it can't find /Themes/default.  That's not the problem in this case, as upgrade was running and failed partway through.  What is smfVersion for database you've imported?

- R. Waters

Snow-Man

i have find out the problem about that, table isnt created on database. i created that table again and everything works well now
thank you everyone for helping

Advertisement: