Quoting a post on a thread to a different thread

Started by UnitedStatesGuy, March 26, 2023, 12:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnitedStatesGuy

If I want to quote a post from this thread to a different thread, how can I do that? I am trying to figure how to do it.

DeadMan...

Basically just quote in the thread, then once in the reply box, copy it all and paste it into the post box in thread want to put it in.
I tell it how I see it... Don't like it? Hit Alt+F4!

Arantor

UnitedStatesGuy

Is that all the quote requirements?

You cannot view this attachment.

Arantor

-sigh-

OK, I have no idea why you felt the need to censor something that anyone can look up trivially. Still not sure you're trolling.

Anyway. If you just want to quote something without it linking back to the original post, you can just use [quote] before the text and [/quote] afterwards.

If you put in what you have there - without censoring anything - you'll get the proper quote where it will link back to the original post, list when it was and send the author an alert to tell them you quoted them.

UnitedStatesGuy

Quote from: Arantor on March 26, 2023, 01:59:41 PMOK, I have no idea why you felt the need to censor something that anyone can look up trivially.
I had to censor it out for privacy reasons.

Illori

Quote from: UnitedStatesGuy on March 26, 2023, 02:50:19 PM
Quote from: Arantor on March 26, 2023, 01:59:41 PMOK, I have no idea why you felt the need to censor something that anyone can look up trivially.

anyone here more then 5 minutes can easily find that post even with your censoring. it was really not necessary.

DeadMan...

Quote from: UnitedStatesGuy on March 26, 2023, 02:50:19 PM

Really? What privacy reasons?
Are you planning on sharing my post to you somewhere other than this forum?

DeadMan...

Quote from: Illori on March 26, 2023, 02:57:46 PManyone here more then 5 minutes can easily find that post even with your censoring. it was really not necessary.

Well, unless of course it was deleted, or moved to where normal members can't see it.  :P

Steve

Let's not get off on the whole censoring thing okie-doke?

@UnitedStatesGuy - was your question answered?
DO NOT pm me for support!

UnitedStatesGuy

Quote from: Steve on March 26, 2023, 06:26:04 PMLet's not get off on the whole censoring thing okie-doke?

@UnitedStatesGuy - was your question answered?
Yes! Now i can do this on the Chit Chat and Test boards.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: