Re: Quote Selected Text problems

Started by Daretary, March 27, 2023, 07:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRM 114

I forgot: I also quit the browser/cleared the browsercache, and signed off and on.

But i will check this all again this evening.
German Wet Shaving Forum: www.gut-rasiert.de/forum

Daretary

I added touchend and it finally worked for me on Android.

Now that line looks like this:

$(document).on('mouseup pointerup touchend', '.inner, .list_posts', function() {
But it stopped working on IOS. ;D

CRM 114

Quote from: Daretary on March 28, 2023, 02:11:35 PMI added touchend and it finally worked for me on Android.

With this, the button "Quote Selected Text" appears after selecting text, but has no function. Clicking on it leaves the Reply Field empty, and the browser says "Loading...", but nothing happens.

Maybe my IceCat Browser is the problem.
German Wet Shaving Forum: www.gut-rasiert.de/forum

Arantor

touchend isn't quite the same thing as pointerup, which is why it doesn't actually work. touchend is functionally: I have moved my finger across the device and now released my finger. It fundamentally doesn't deal with selections, because it's not text selection.

live627

I have settled on a small CSS code to complete the code snippets posted by @Arantor
index.css

.inner {
padding: 7px 8px 2px 2px;
margin: 0;
border-top: 1px solid #bfbfbf;
box-shadow: 0 1px 0 #fff inset;
min-height: 85px;
word-wrap: break-word; /* IE fallback */
overflow-wrap: break-word;
touch-action: manipulation; /* Add this line */
}
This keeps the built-in selection box from popping up and getting in the way, while zooming and panning are left alone. Tested on Chrome 109 on my Schok Volt SV55 running Android 11.

Daretary

Alas, touch-action: manipulation did not help in my case. I removed minified_ and went from a private tab to completely exclude the cache.

Android 10, STK-L21, Chrome 111.0.5563.115

Arantor

Private doesn't exclude the cache in Chrome, sorry.

Ottokar

Steve

Marking solved as OP has been here two days ago and not provided any further input.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: