News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Better way to set Visible Boards for membergroup

Started by Lord991, April 25, 2023, 06:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord991

Is there any better/faster way for membergroup to inherit "Visible Boards" from another membergroup?

Its really painful to manually assign every board for similar membergroup that already exist.

Kindred

I believe that you can set the boards visible to the membergroup in the membergroup settings as well as the  Individual board settings
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Lord991

Maybe you don't understand my question, sorry.

When I want to create a new membergroup, I have options for new membergroup to inherit permissions of some membergroup that already exist for example. But I have to manually assign what Boards the membergroup can see.

And if you have 100 boards etc, its just exhausting   :(

Is there any way to speed that process somehow? (There is a button Check all, and then deselect few boards, but still ..)

Kindred

In that case,  no, there is no faster way.

I would argue that you have too many boards, however -  unless you have a million users active 24hours a day
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If it's that cumbersome you are planning your membergroups wrong.

You do NOT need to have every group defined with every board you want a new member to have access to.
You have the regular members group and the post count groups to handle access to regular boards for everyone.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Lord991

Well its a gaming forum, and there is approximately 250 boards(with secret boards) and about 100 membergroups.
Now you see why I asked for help ..  ;D

Never mind, thank you for your replies.

Advertisement: