News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Member activation

Started by Dave J, May 16, 2023, 09:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave J

Hi all,

SMF2.1.3
PHP7.4

A while ago I changed the new member registration to 'Email Activation'. Recently for some reason I get an email telling me that a new member has joined and the the account needs activating, I obviously go and look and the account has already been activated.

None of the other Admin would activate them so it must have been done as per the settings, but why is it telling me the account needs activating when it doesn't?

Mods installed

1   Topic Solved Mod
2   Login Menu Button
3   EhPortal
4   Welcome Topic Mod
5   SMF Quiz
6   Quick Spoiler
7   Smart Pagination
8   SMFPacks Shoutbox
9   Image for Anti-Spam Verification Questions
10   My Read_Topics
11   PM Attachments
12   Snowflakes
13   SMF Arcade
14   Badge Awards
15   Disable FLoC Tracking
16   Thanks system for SMF 2.1
17   FancyBox 4 SMF
18   Members Online Today
19   SMF 2.1.2 Update
20   Banner Bar
21   Image Attachment Thumbnail
22   SMF 2.1.3 Update
23   Downloads System Pro

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Diego Andrés

Might be that you have set to receive emails for new members? In your profile notification settings.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Dave J

Quote from: Diego Andrés on May 16, 2023, 09:50:22 AMMight be that you have set to receive emails for new members? In your profile notification settings.

Well that was checked as was the alert notification too, so I've now unchecked them and will see what happens

Thanks Diego
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Steve

Will mark this as solved for now. If the problem still exists, by all means, mark it unsolved.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: