As admin, can I change the poster of a single topic to someone else?

Started by Mareid, May 17, 2023, 08:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mareid

I am the admin of our forum.  I posted an ad for a user at her request, but I'd like to change that post from me to her.  Everything I've read says I can change all posts in the database from "admin" to someone else but I only want to change a single post.  Is this simply impossible or is there a way to do it.  I'm using 2.13 on Windows 11

Kindred

no.

You can attribute *ALL* posts by one user to another... but not a single post.

To do that, you would need to make changes directly in the database (NOT recommended)

there ARE mods that allow you to post as another user - but switching a post AFTER it is made is more difficult.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Panoulis64

I would suggest you, the solution of a mod, which I use.
(If I understood your request correctly and of course the decision is yours, always)
You should install the mod https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2626
and then go edit the article, where under the title, you have the option to change your username.

Sir Osis of Liver

I have the 2.0 version of that mod on one of my forums, it will do what you want but is a bit difficult to use.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: