News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Questions about ban

Started by Frozen Bok, May 14, 2023, 08:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frozen Bok

Hello. I have questions: 1) Can moderator/administrator unban banned user, if he got a temporary or permanent ban? 2) Unban requests on e-mali can help user get unbanned? Greetings. Frozen Bok

Kindred

Bans are set by trigger (usernames,  email, ip address, etc). To unban someone,  remove the trigger(s) or delete the ban entirely.

I have no idea what you mean about email.
Smf does not receive emails, so nothing is done by email.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Frozen Bok

If email situation is not SMF, but email of SMF-based forums creators (for example [email protected] from hxxp:eu07.pl/forum [nonactive]

a10

Quote from: Frozen Bok on May 14, 2023, 08:05:26 AM2) Unban requests on e-mali can help user get unbanned?

Try this: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=377
It uses the forum's antispam settings, so no spam (if you have a good antispam setup).

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

m4z

Quote from: Frozen Bok on May 14, 2023, 02:20:58 PMIf email situation is not SMF, but email of SMF-based forums creators (for example [email protected] from (not advertising!)), can administrators read these request and unban/delete ban from banned user?

Are you the admin of that forum or a (banned) user?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Frozen Bok

Sorry I'm not admin and I haven't forum. I'm banned user but in end of April (maybe) i got logged out automatically. Ban will expire in October 23 of this year but i don't want to wait about 6 months because of questions about railway. hxxp:eu07.pl/forum/index.php/topic,34641.msg557660.html?PHPSESSID=9k7b78gbo7vulademkkaumvme6#msg557660 [nonactive] There is my topic before ban in 10.23.2022, but is not advertising and distributing my account of this forum to third parties

Sesquipedalian

If you have been banned, all you can do is wait until the ban expires.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Frozen Bok

I hate when i got ban for 1 year, it's very sad because publish important and unique information (for example my projects for MaSzyna simulator i'd present this instantly) is impossible.
But I've account on hxxp:td2.info.pl [nonactive] (not advertising!) i got permanent ban in Nov 27 2022, but after last weekend of this month I'll get unbanned due to unban system by email

Kindred

we have absolutely nothing to do with that site.   We create the SOFTWARE that site uses... we do not host the site nor do we have any control over or contact with the admin(s) of that site....

so, complaining here about being banned on that site is utterly useless. You would have to contact the admins of that site directly - not us.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: