News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Critical error!

Started by Snow-Man, May 26, 2023, 06:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow-Man

When i was going to install smf i have received this error in the database step
QuoteCritical Error!
The installer was unable to access the "smf" database. With some hosts, you have to create the database in your administration panel before SMF can use it. Some also add prefixes, such as your username, to your database names.
And when i tried to check wordpress files through the ftp didn't get the pass everything was like Auth_key something like crypted and doesn't have variables of database
What can i do?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Snow-Man on May 26, 2023, 06:45:45 PMWhen i was going to install smf i have received this error in the database step
QuoteCritical Error!
The installer was unable to access the "smf" database. With some hosts, you have to create the database in your administration panel before SMF can use it. Some also add prefixes, such as your username, to your database names.
And when i tried to check wordpress files through the ftp didn't get the pass everything was like Auth_key something like crypted and doesn't have variables of database
What can i do?

Have you created a database and assigned an user to it with full permissions?

For more please see this link:

Installing SMF

Regarding the wordpress part, you will have to ask at their site.

Kindred

You cannot run smf and WordPress in the same directory... even running them on the same site can cause conflicts
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: