Problems with installation - missing files

Started by hatefuel, May 24, 2023, 05:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatefuel

Hi i just download newest Sf it keep telling me

Warning: require_once(Sources/Class-Package.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /storage/ssd3/331/20807331/public_html/install.php on line 36

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required 'Sources/Class-Package.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /storage/ssd3/331/20807331/public_html/install.php:36 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /storage/ssd3/331/20807331/public_html/install.php on line 36

on 000webhost. How to fix?

Illori

does that file exist? if not upload it from the install or upgrade package.

hatefuel

Kindred

make sure that *ALL* the directories and files are uploaded to your server's directory...  that includes the Sources directory, the Themes directory with the default directory under that...   and all the files that belong in those directories.

You error suggests that you are missing file(s).

also, for future "I need help" is a useless message title.  Support team and other helpful members often scan the titles to see if there is anything that they can assist with, and a descriptive title is much more clear.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hatefuel

My website on 000webhost told me I needed to add an index file. Okay, I did, but when I did reload the website it was a blank screen. It would go back to telling me I need an index file when I removed it. Please help.

hatefuel

I changed where the index file was and now its just telling me

Warning: require_once(/storage/ssd5/603/20811603/public_html/Settings.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /storage/ssd5/603/20811603/public_html/index.php on line 43

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/storage/ssd5/603/20811603/public_html/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /storage/ssd5/603/20811603/public_html/index.php:43 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /storage/ssd5/603/20811603/public_html/index.php on line 43

Im using version 2-0-4 btw. :P

Kindred

1- please do not open multiple threads for the same continuing issue.
2- as already pointed out, it seems that you did NOT actually upload THE ENTIRE CONTENTS of the installation archive file.

It looks like you ONLY uploaded install.php

You must upload ALL directories and ALL files from the installation archive.
These files already contain all of the index.php files that are needed - and anything that you create manually will BREAK the system.

Also, why are you posting this in 2.0 support?   Your previous attempt indicated that you were trying to install 2.1 (which is the version that you SHOULD be using)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hatefuel

I changed versions.

also I do not know how to do what you are telling me

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Read this. https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Installing
Follow it's instructions.

If you don't know how to do something, or don't understand the instructions,
ask specific questions on what ever you are unsure of.

Also please understand that free hosts like 000 may have limitations that can cause problems that we are truly unable to help with.

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

hatefuel

What is a directory and what is a file? I have extracted and I need to set permission

Kindred

If it shows as a folder, it's a directory...

permissions should be 755 for directories and 644 for files.

Also -- you should be installing 2.1.3 -- because 2.0.x is nearing end of life and end of support.
Слaва
Украинi

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Okay, don't take this the wrong way but if you do not know what a directory means, or what is a file, I would suggest some Google-fu first. Maybe check out Wikipedia for entries like File-system and File-system permissions.
It's kind of expected to have a certain basic understanding of computers and networking before you start manually installing things that are available to the whole world.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

hatefuel

ok I installed 2.1.3, extracted, and set the permissions

i also have a database

good to install?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Try - The installer will tell you if it sees something wrong.
You will also need to know some details, like address and credentials for the database.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

hatefuel

Im having trouble getting past the Database settings phase

I have all my passwords written down, and I checked my account settings.

It just says "Cannot connect to the database server with the supplied data." So im unsure of what might be incorrect.

hatefuel

hatefuel

Okay. I got past step two

After clicking continue on step four it says this:
Warning: Undefined array key "database_error" in /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/smf_2-1-3_install (1)/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 707

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/smf_2-1-3_install (1)/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php:708 Stack trace: #0 /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/smf_2-1-3_install (1)/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php(494): smf_db_error() #1 /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/smf_2-1-3_install (1)/install.php(1197): smf_db_query() #2 /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/smf_2-1-3_install (1)/install.php(164): DatabasePopulation() #3 {main} thrown in /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/smf_2-1-3_install (1)/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 708

Kindred

That path is not good...

smf_2-1-3_install (1)

That is going to cause problems.
It has a space and parentheses - neither of which should be used

Слaва
Украинi

hatefuel

okay, I should rename the file and start over, right?

hatefuel

Changed the name

Now says

Warning: Undefined array key "database_error" in /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/MyForum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 707

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/MyForum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php:708 Stack trace: #0 /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/MyForum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php(494): smf_db_error() #1 /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/MyForum/install.php(1197): smf_db_query() #2 /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/MyForum/install.php(164): DatabasePopulation() #3 {main} thrown in /storage/ssd4/568/20812568/public_html/MyForum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 708

Kindred

that's not a FILE ---    that's a badly named DIRECTORY.

Create a directory (e.g. forum)
upload the SMF installation ZIP file there
extract the contents of the zip file (do not create any additional subdirectories)

this means that with your PATH being ...../public_html/forum your URL will be yoursite/com/forum
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: