News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Restrict permission for single topics?

Started by Julius_2000, June 02, 2023, 07:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius_2000

Is it possible to hide certain topics from guests? I know that of boards but couldn't find anything for topics...

Sir Osis of Liver

You can try this mod -

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2380

Hasn't been updated for 2.1 but might work if you install it with emulation.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 02, 2023, 09:26:46 PMYou can try this mod -

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2380

Hasn't been updated for 2.1 but might work if you install it with emulation.

That will hide all topics from guests and not certain ones.

Quote from: Julius_2000 on June 02, 2023, 07:39:52 PMIs it possible to hide certain topics from guests? I know that of boards but couldn't find anything for topics...

That will require a custom mod.

Kindred

Smf does not do anything at the individual level... not by user and not by topic.

Groups and boards are the lowest level of permissions
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julius_2000

Could this feature be worthy of consideration for a future release or is this too complex? I know I could move a topic to a separate board and restrict that, but a "per topic" permission would be pretty handy.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Julius_2000 on June 03, 2023, 02:21:01 PMCould this feature be worthy of consideration for a future release or is this too complex? I know I could move a topic to a separate board and restrict that, but a "per topic" permission would be pretty handy.

This is something very easy to do, however personally I think this is better suited as a third party mod rather than being in the core.

Kindred

In all likelihood,  no.

It is contrary to the core design (groups and boards - not individual users or topics) and makes things not as simple.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: