News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Deleting a user blew up our errors - Cron errors

Started by user58389239, June 06, 2023, 11:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

user58389239

Okay so something strange happened, does anyone know how to fix this?

We deleted a user upon their request, and it's created a flurry of ongoing errors in the error log.

Only mod installed is Ultimate Menu.

Here are some of the errors, it seems to repeat these 3 errors over and over:

www.site.com/forum/cron.php
Type of error: Template
The email template "reply_to_user_reports" could not be found.

https://www.site.com/forum/cron.php
 /home/site/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php (Line 222)
2: Undefined array key "language"

https://www.site.com/forum/cron.php
 /home/site/public_html/forum/Sources/tasks/MemberReportReply-Notify.php (Line 151)
2: Undefined array key "member_name"

I also keep getting Moderator notifications over and over under Alerts:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx replied to the report about the profile if (N/A)

user58389239

I see two problems, but not sure how to solve them:

1. It's trying to send an email template that doesn't exist...I can't find "reply_to_user_reports" in the file EmailTemplates.english.php. I suppose I could add that template, but not sure why it doesn't exist in the first place?

2. Even if I add the template, it doesn't seem like it would fix the "Undefined array key" error.

user58389239

user58389239

I fixed this for now by just commenting out the section in MemberReportReply-Notify.php that sends an email. Kind of a kludgy fix but the errors stopped.

Kindred

you should not have to do that -- because this error does not occur on any of the three systems I tested....

so, the problem would seem to be something specific to your environment.

on the other hand, I would expect to see
$txt['reply_to_user_reports_subject']
$txt['reply_to_user_reports_body']

while there IS

$txt['reply_to_member_report_subject'] = 'Follow-up to reported profile: {MEMBERNAME}';
$txt['reply_to_member_report_body'] = 'Previously, the profile of {MEMBERNAME} was reported.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

user58389239

Do you think if I copy that template and rename it:

$txt['reply_to_user_report_subject'] = 'Follow-up to reported profile: {MEMBERNAME}';
$txt['reply_to_user_report_body'] = 'Previously, the profile of {MEMBERNAME} was reported.

It would fix the issue?

What I'm not sure about is if it would fix this error: 2: Undefined array key "member_name"

Because it seems like it's trying to send an email about a user who no longer exists.

Kindred

Well, yeah, that's the other problem...

The system should not be doing that. You seem to have a very unusual set of conditions that I'm not sure I can duplicate
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

user58389239

Kindred if it's helpful I could PM you a link to our forum and a login. Our site has been around a long time, I don't know for sure but it's possible it's went through upgrades from 1.X > 2.0.X > 2.1, which maybe has created some legacy artifacts.

Regardless, our Mods are fine not getting these email notifications, so my "comment out" strategy, while not ideal, works for me as a solution to this issue.

Advertisement: