Christmas Gold (SMF 1.0.5) and Christmas Gold Snow

Started by EG, November 30, 2005, 08:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

Quote from: EG on December 04, 2005, 04:50:44 AM
No one is forcing you to install it!
Did I say anyone was all i mentioned was I dont follow christmas so im not going to.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

martinms2d

EG i just want to thank you again for making this theme and fixing it...i have it installed and it works great and my buddies love it as well. thanks again. everything shows up great..no more red x's  :D

EG

:D no prob Martin!

Sloopz... actually when I made this theme, it was meant more to be a festive theme.... rather than specifically Christmas

the only hint of Christmas we have in it, is the Santa hat on the logo... but the theme can be used, with a different logo (which I assume everyone would do anyway, since theyre not a lord of the rings fansite!) and perhaps the tinsel.. but again thats easily removed in the index.template.php

so basically its a green/red/gold theme with falling snow :-\

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

mogadishu

Is A Kool Xmas Theme...
I Have A Prob. I Need the SNOW Efect for my theme ..But Don't Know Where To Find The CODE..If Somebudy can Help me Il be Verry GLAD :)...
Thanx In ADVENCE !!!
AHost.ro- Free WebHosting & Free Domains .
AzD.Ro - Your Gambling Source !

EG

take a look at the index.template.php in my Christmas Snow theme.. the code is all there.

you just need the snowflake image on top :D

Fizzy

Quote from: EG on December 03, 2005, 11:59:14 AM
yeah.  I beleive thats a problem with firefox and the javascript used to make the snowflakes move.  Last year we were discussing that here on this forum.  Im not sure it can be got around :-\

Hi EG

I don't know if it helps or not, but this snow effect seems ok with FF if you want to check it out for ideas. :)

Fizz
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Bunny Foo Foo

This is a really great looking theme!  I can't get it to install on My forum though.  Every time I try it tells Me the directory isn't valid (and I've checked and rechecked that) or that it doesn't contain a theme.  Any ideas as to why I'm getting that error?

EG

not sure, without knowing how you set up the starting thing in the Themes admin panel :-\

I always find I have to create say Theme1 as a blank theme, then go into Theme 1 and change the directory to point to the one I actually want it to, i.e Christmas

Bunny Foo Foo

Doing the blank theme and then changing the directories got it to working, thanks for the tip!

Advertisement: