News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Website displaying HTML view

Started by Sheryl, February 12, 2024, 11:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheryl

Hello all,
1. My website when Google searched shows HTML kind of view. I don't know what caused this. Image attached.

2. I tried to upload some responsive themes but they ended up with "403 forbidden" error on my site.
Is there something I'm missing about those themes?

Please help out

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sheryl

Ok, thanks. I will do that and let you know how it goes.

How about the second issue with responsive themes?

Sir Osis of Liver

403 is a server error.  It's possible all your theme paths are incorrect, so run repair_settings first, see if the 403 errors persist.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sheryl

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 12, 2024, 12:30:07 PM403 is a server error.  It's possible all your theme paths are incorrect, so run repair_settings first, see if the 403 errors persist.

Alright. Thank you

Sheryl

Hey, I'm done. I'll let you know the outcome soon

Steve

Btw, run repair settings twice and be absolutely SURE you remove it when you're done.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sheryl

Thanks guys. Nothing changed after the repair settings though. I only lost all posts on my FP....LOL.

However I was able to solve the second issue through this 403 forbidden error page, after several searches. All it took was to turn off Modsecurity and that works.

The first issue is yet to be rectified but using my current theme has helped make the view colourful and enticing, it's far better now. Perhaps this is because it's a new site.

I appreciate your help guys.

Sheryl

The other issue later got fixed yesterday, honestly I don't know what exactly I did but the page now display correctly not quite long from the time I wrote that last comment.

The two might have been Modsecurity thing.

Advertisement: