News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Read Topic Permission

Started by Sheepy, November 30, 2005, 10:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digikleuter

Quote from: babjusi on May 10, 2007, 06:28:29 PM
I have that mod "View_Only_Boards_1.1", it''s a great mod as well, but it doesn''t quite do what the ''read topic permission'' mod does

ow, sorry then :-) I just need to keep visitors out of the topics, so it was a lifesaver when I found it. This one seems dead...

M.

babjusi

Quote from: digikleuter on May 10, 2007, 06:35:34 PM
Quote from: babjusi on May 10, 2007, 06:28:29 PM
I have that mod "View_Only_Boards_1.1", it''s a great mod as well, but it doesn''t quite do what the ''read topic permission'' mod does

ow, sorry then :-) I just need to keep visitors out of the topics, so it was a lifesaver when I found it. This one seems dead...

M.

Yeah, I agree with u totally there mate, but let''s hope someone will update this mod as well

fiver

Hi guys,

This mod is not dead - I just installed ReadTopicPermission104_SMF11.tar.gz on another forum with smf1.1.2 and it works fine.

See www.my2home.info

:)

babjusi

Quote from: fivearts on May 15, 2007, 03:11:02 PM
Hi guys,

This mod is not dead - I just installed ReadTopicPermission104_SMF11.tar.gz on another forum with smf1.1.2 and it works fine.

See www.my2home.info

:)

I don''t know how u managed, cause all I get when trying to install it it''s an error message

fiver

This is the way I did it:

1. Download ReadTopicPermission104_SMF11.tar.gz onto my hard disk,

2. Go to the forum's Admin > Package > Download,

3. Click "Browse" to where I stored it on my hard disk and upload it,

and install it from there.

babjusi

Quote from: fivearts on May 16, 2007, 12:12:58 AM
This is the way I did it:

1. Download ReadTopicPermission104_SMF11.tar.gz onto your hard disk,

2. Go to your forum's Admin > Package > Download,

3. Click "Browse" to where you stored it on your hard disk and upload it,

and install it from there.

And it never gave you like an error message during installation?

fiver

It was a smooth installation. It is the 2nd mod I installed on my2home.info

On my own forum fivearts.net, it is the 23rd mod after installing 22 other mods and it installed fine too.

Hope it will install fine for you too.

babjusi

Quote from: fivearts on May 16, 2007, 12:31:14 AM
It was a smooth installation. It is the 2nd mod I installed on my2home.info

On my own forum fivearts.net, it is the 23rd mod after installing 22 other mods and it installed fine too.

Hope it will install fine for you too.

Glad that it worked out for u mate, but I keep getting error messages

ge master

I just wanted to say thank you to the creater of this mod. It's so great! Did exactly what I needed and I'm actually a bit surprised that it's so difficult with the default forum not to have more settings that allow customizable permissions. All I wanted to do was allow people to see my forums, but not read the topics. It seemed that I could only have guests to see the forum at all! This mod allowed me to show people what they are missing by not registering for my forums. Thanks again, great job.

Also, I did have issues with the older version. It gave me a warning that there were conflicts and that I shouldn't install. Well, I didn't realize that I downloaded the older version of this mod! It's not clear on the download page, because the old one is listed at the top. That makes no sense to me. Having said that, the new version installed flawlessly to my surprise!!

I also had the issue of not seeing the text for the settings. I resolved this by changing the default language. It seem like there are 3 different English settings, so I chose "English" and it works fine now.

NotNice

I too would like to thank the maker of this mod!
my members are very happy with it, it actually keeps our moms from reading our posts (this is not a joke, but it is funny!) and some (ex-)boyfriends. all they have to do is register to be able to read, but then we know that they are 'spying' on us ;)
it does allow possible members to see what our tiny forum has to offer

installed it today on my moved/reinstalled fresh 1.1.4 SMF, the first thing I installed after the database was succesfully transferred, and as always: smooth install, works like a charm!
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.

EdDoX

Hi. any idea why this mod doesn't work with Çöl Ateşi V3 Theme. I tested with other themes and works perfectly..
Please I need help

scenerip2k

this mod will not work on smf 2.0 beta 4 any way to update it?

Dom

Sorry for better english language.
this mod will work on smf 2.0 beta 4
Read Topic Permission

mfg Dom :)

Ich benutze SMF 1.1.8  mit MKPortal M1.1.2b zusammen.

www.soessen.de.vu

scenerip2k

which version ?

* ReadTopicPermission103_SMF11.zip
    * ReadTopicPermission104_SMF11.tar.gz

scenerip2k

bryan_49ers

Anything similar for 2.0 RC 3 .. things fall apart at the PROFILE update

Arantor

Um, there's a different mod called topic permission... for 2.0 RC3?

bryan_49ers

Maybe... and maybe I'm clueless cause I installed that mod but can't find the permissions to edit it...

Arantor

If you installed a different mod to this one, you should ask in that mod's support thread where the author will likely see it.

bryan_49ers

Advertisement: