News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pulkit

will this work with 1.1.3 ??

babjusi

Quote from: pulkit on August 08, 2007, 04:38:33 AM

Yes, it will. Unzip the package, open the info.xml and add after the other versions, 1.1.3 at the action for install and uninstall

bori_2k6

could anybody help me how to install this sorry i'm kinda new to this thanks in advance im running smf1.1.3

babjusi

Quote from: bori_2k6 on August 10, 2007, 09:25:32 PM
could anybody help me how to install this sorry i'm kinda new to this thanks in advance im running smf1.1.3

You can install it as any other mod through the package manager in the admin panel of your forum

bori_2k6

tks for the fast reply but i did then what??? didnt see no changes  :(

bori_2k6

i see at Package Manager under Modification Packages but looked at Installed Packages and dont show nothing as been installed.please help

bori_2k6

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. this the error i get know

babjusi

Quote from: bori_2k6 on August 10, 2007, 09:50:58 PM
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. this the error i get know

Please don''t bump your posts in quick successions. Try this: Unzip the package, open the info.xml and add 1.1.3 after 1.1.2 at the actions for install and uninstall. Zip it back and install it again

bori_2k6

tks it worked and sorry about floding the forum.

babjusi

Glad to hear that worked out for you, but for future references, it is frowned upon here to bump your own posts and topics within 24 hours. The guys of the Support team are all volunteers and try to help us all in their free time, so let us make things as much easier as possible to them

LeberMac

Quote from: babjusi on August 08, 2007, 08:47:21 AM
Quote from: pulkit on August 08, 2007, 04:38:33 AM

Yes, it will. Unzip the package, open the info.xml and add after the other versions, 1.1.3 at the action for install and uninstall

Hrm, this does not work for me. I've been able to upload the standard version, but every time I try to modify the "package-info.xml" file, changing this:
<install for="1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2">
and this
<uninstall for="1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2">

to:

<install for="1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3">
and this
<uninstall for="1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3">

Save the .xml file, recompress everything with WinZip and then try to upload, I always get the "The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted" Error.

I've tried to compress it with Stuffit on the Mac as well as the Mac's default "Archive" feature that comes with OS X. None of those methods gives me a file that SMF will accept.

Even if I just extract the zip file, make NO CHANGES, and recompress it, I get this error. Is there some method of zipping files that I'm not aware of that SMF requires?

(Using SMF 1.1.3)
(Yes, Packages and backups directories are at 777, in fact, everything in that whole Package Directory is now 777)

Other packages upload and install just fine.

I've tried to be sneaky, upload the old version via SMF but not install it, and then FTP up the new version and replace the ZIP file inside the Packages directory... but no luck. The package listing disappears when I do that.

Alright, I was able to get it installed and working by using the UNMODIFIED post, downloaded from the forums, but using this little trick I found from "H":
Lesson Four - Backporting the Package Manager

Did you know that even though a mod is technically incompatable, since you get the notice with your version of SMF that you can still install it?

Well, its true. You can fool the package manager into thinking that you have a different version.

Lets use my Gmail Field mod because I know it is not compatable with any version beyond 1.1 RC1.

When you've downloaded the mod to your local machine and uploaded it via your package manager, go back to the package manager (click the link in the side bar on the left) and then add

;version_emulate=1.1-RC1

This will make the package manager think that you're using SMF 1.1 RC1 rather than SMF 1.1.1.

But due to the Core theme being very different than the Babylon, I dont remcommend installing anything that isnt compatable with 1.1 RC2 or newer, unless you're happy to manually install anything that fails and check for bugs.

Remember that if you emulate to any version that has had a security patch released (1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC2-1, 1.1 RC3, 1.1) then you may get the notifications for them. But you can ignore those since if you're using 1.1.1 then they will already have them applied.

Obviously you'll need ;version_emulate=1.1.2
Tequila is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Maxtor

custom themes (im using SlickPro: Graphite) doesnt wortk properly.

Quote and Preview posts can still bypassed ... any fix for that? What do i need to modify?

Maxtor

Quote from: maxtor on August 17, 2007, 02:53:08 PM
custom themes (im using SlickPro: Graphite) doesnt wortk properly.

Quote and Preview posts can still bypassed ... any fix for that? What do i need to modify?

i iwll pay to whoever find me a solution for this.

Limun

thanks for mod...its great-..
work fine on 1.1.3  :)

fortest

I'm also having the same problem... quoting or searching will reveal the hidden message. Too bad, 'cause I really need this mod... :(

Is there any plan to update this mod? Leaf hasn't been active for months now... Maybe someone can continue his work??

Limun

Quote from: fortest on September 17, 2007, 10:54:07 AM
I'm also having the same problem... quoting or searching will reveal the hidden message. Too bad, 'cause I really need this mod... :(

Is there any plan to update this mod? Leaf hasn't been active for months now... Maybe someone can continue his work??

mee too...i didnt see it first.. :(

buddhika_s

I still don't get this.

How do you edit, info.xml?

haiwasnm

建议一叶楼主去掉一些不必要的功能细节,保留[hide]BBC代码,加代码后回复可见,这样可以保护一些信息又比较适合大多数人的习惯。

tinatoth

Any chance to update this for 1.1.4?

I've tried using the package-info.xml trick, didn't work, got the message saying it's not a valid package. I also tried the 1.1.2 emulation trick, but what's the use when it returns errors during installation testing, some files fail the test.

ALSO

Quote from: fortest on September 17, 2007, 10:54:07 AM

Is this true? That's very disappointing.  :( There's got to be some way to hide individual posts from guests, properly.

bigmohi

yeah, this mod is amazing, any chance of update to 1.1.4 ?

Advertisement: