Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmohi

long time and no respond!! :(

Leaf

Updated to support smf 1.1.3 & 1.1.4.

bigmohi

plz someone help me to get it work on my forum and will $$$ to his e-gold, thx for the update!!

a-amp

Hi,

How could I set it so that the whole post would be hidden rather than the message?   I would like to set it so that a guest could only see the topic titles but when he click on the topic, it will prompt the guest to login or register to see the message.

Could that be done?

Tks,

Limun

Quote from: maxtor on August 17, 2007, 02:53:08 PM
custom themes (im using SlickPro: Graphite) doesnt wortk properly.

Quote and Preview posts can still bypassed ... any fix for that? What do i need to modify?

finaly !!!!!!!!
i resolved this problem in my board-
if u want i can try to resolve also in your....

MarcusM

Well first i wanna say a big thx for this mod...
My problem is this: the quote and preview thing doesnt work so its safe (i have instaled 1.0.8 version of this mod) BUT my problem is with search!!! if some1 gives a search he sees the post :( What should i do?? thx

Limun

Quote from: MarcusM on December 21, 2007, 04:58:45 AM
Well first i wanna say a big thx for this mod...
My problem is this: the quote and preview thing doesnt work so its safe (i have instaled 1.0.8 version of this mod) BUT my problem is with search!!! if some1 gives a search he sees the post :( What should i do?? thx

i haved problems with quote prewiex and search..
but when i resolwed quote and prewiew ..i also resolved search...
maybe your permisions are not set up-ed ok

MarcusM

can you help me set them up pls??? i just disabled serach so the regular memebers cant search and see the topics BUT this is not a solution IF YOU WANT PLS PM ME with what you did !!! i would apreciate very much thx

MarcusM

Limun

ok...first check in your admin panel
Permisions > than click on modifity (for group you want to edit permissions) scroll down to Posts..and see my picture..
if is like in mine

MarcusM

yes its exactly like that... but if it does a search it shows the post!!!

Limun

ok..than send me your Display.template.php from folder of your template u use

Limun

Quote from: a-amp on December 09, 2007, 03:34:27 AM
Hi,

How could I set it so that the whole post would be hidden rather than the message?   I would like to set it so that a guest could only see the topic titles but when he click on the topic, it will prompt the guest to login or register to see the message.

Could that be done?

Tks,

well i think this isnt topic for this...
btw this what you want u can set up-it in permissions noo need "hide post" to do this !!

MarcusM

what should i modify from dysplay.template.php??? i have the a  custom theme and i dotn have dysplay.template.php i have only in default theme so i guess it uses that. what should i modify from display.template.php

Limun

Quote from: MarcusM on December 28, 2007, 12:32:49 PM
what should i modify from dysplay.template.php??? i have the a  custom theme and i dotn have dysplay.template.php i have only in default theme so i guess it uses that. what should i modify from display.template.php

hmm
what files u have in custom template?
Recent.template.php  ?
Profile.template.php   ?

for example this was problem in my case..in custom display template...this  lines

if ($message['can_view_post']) {
                // Can they reply? Have they turned on quick reply?
                if ($context['can_reply'] && !empty($options['display_quick_reply']))
                        echo '
                                        <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;quote=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';num_replies=', $context['num_replies'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '" onclick="doQuote(', $message['id'], ', \'', $context['session_id'], '\'); return false;">', $reply_button, '</a>';

// So... quick reply is off, but they *can* reply?
                elseif ($context['can_reply'])
                        echo '
                                        <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;quote=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';num_replies=', $context['num_replies'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '">', $reply_button, '</a>';

// Can the user modify the contents of this post?
                if ($message['can_modify'])
                        echo '
                                        <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;msg=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '">', $modify_button, '</a>';

// How about... even... remove it entirely?!
                if ($message['can_remove'])
                        echo '
                                        <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=deletemsg;topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';msg=', $message['id'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '" onclick="return confirm(\'', $txt[154], '?\');">', $remove_button, '</a>';
                if ($context['can_warn'])
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=warnadd;topic=', $context['current_topic'], ';start=', $context['start'], ';user=', $message['member']['id'], ';msg=', $message['id'], '">', $warn_button, '</a>';

// What about splitting it off the rest of the topic?
                if ($context['can_split'])
                        echo '
                                        <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=splittopics;topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.0;at=', $message['id'], '">', $split_button, '</a>';
                }

MarcusM

ell ok ok but what should i modify man??? what i add or what i remove?? cmon pls tell me

Limun

Quote from: MarcusM on December 29, 2007, 04:22:37 AM
ell ok ok but what should i modify man??? what i add or what i remove?? cmon pls tell me

mannn...first i have to know what php files u have in custom theme...
how can i help u if i dont nothing...
i m not programer...but i resolved this in my forum...
i can try help you but you need to answer me

MarcusM

i have only index.template.php

DitherTask

Hi. Can you modify script to hide karma entry in dropdown list, when karma option is disabled globally? Thank you.

hm19000

how can i download it, i tried but the link is down

Advertisement: