News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventic

when i got the hide post installed and try to make a quote post it just saying that annoying orange thing Loading.. nothing more

nikan

Sorry i can't reproduce this problem.

wwe-dan

Can anyone help me? I'm currently on 2.0.2 of SMF, I tried installing the Hide Post mod which installed perfectly, but im not getting any options to edit the mod, nor does it work if i attempt to use it on a post!?

nikan

This mod modifies Display.template.php and other template files, so if you use other then default or core theme that uses their own template files you have to install it manually.

Options: Admin -> HelpSecurity and Moderation -> General

wwe-dan

Quote from: nikan on January 22, 2012, 08:15:39 AM
This mod modifies Display.template.php and other template files, so if you use other then default or core theme that uses their own template files you have to install it manually.

Options: Admin -> HelpSecurity and Moderation -> General

It works! Thank you :)

Question, does the hidden post have to be an attachment? I cant see any other option to just do a link or text etc.

nikan

It's not an attachment, it's just under Attachments and other options
The entire post will be hidden.

briggz5d

seems like a lot of editing to do so i didnt correct the errors reported while installing>> (custom theme) - so i guess thats why it didnt work for me..
but since its the only mod around which does this - i'll try to manually parse.. But.. Do i edit before installing? or install then make edits?

Sheda

Better try to edit the Mod before you install it.
If you edit it, then install, then uninstall, it will work fine, but if you edit it after installing and then try to uninstall, it won't recognize the code, 'cause it's different than it should be, so it will not uninstall properly.

briggz5d

This Mod should be able to install using 2.0 Beta4 Emulator.. But anyways . i'll Uninstall.. Edit.. then install..
Tell you how it goes...
Back Up First :p

Arantor

2.0 beta 4 is very, very different to 2.0.2.

nikan

Quote from: soki2ng on January 23, 2012, 01:02:54 AM
seems like a lot of editing to do so i didnt correct the errors reported while installing>> (custom theme) - so i guess thats why it didnt work for me..
but since its the only mod around which does this - i'll try to manually parse.. But.. Do i edit before installing? or install then make edits?

I suppose you mean the updated mod that i made (page 22, post 424)
You may also try this mod: Hide Tag Special -> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=118

Inti31

@nikan

i just setup a fresh 2.0.2 forum (testdomain).

The install of this mod was the first one - it installed it successful without any errors.
The mod works as it should - but... - I can't quick edit a post - i just can change them full.
When I click on  quick edit  for a millisecond is at the top of the page is loading visible - that's all.

any idea?
cheers inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Sheda

Hey, what exactly have you fixed?
I've downloaded this mod some time ago, but i modified it so much that it's impossible to un- and reinstall it.
So i'd like to check if i have the bug as well and fix it in my forum, too. :)

Inti31

my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

nikan

@Sheda

Do a comparison of the .xml file (yours with mine).

Sheda

Oh, good idea! Although, as i said...
There are so many differences... and i even changed more stuff around, after i installed it. Actually, i think i didn't use your version from the beginning, but accidentally used the old version from the first post.
So maybe the bug wasn't even there. Though i've had problems with my members trying to quick edit too, that might also have been because of my half-finished Sneaky Editing mod. I'd better just test it again now and if there's no bug, then i guess everything's fine. ::)
Sorry to bother you. This mod has already taken so much of my time, so i wouldn't want there to be too many bugs in it.

TrickyRicky

Thanks For Update to mod

Seems to work Great

fiver

8: Undefined index: hiddenOption

File: /.........../Sources/Post.php
Line: 2594

Installed the package from Reply#424. Got many of the above errors. Any solution to this error please? Many thanks.

nikan

Updated with fix for missing queries.

Download from Reply#424

Thanks fiver

Advertisement: