Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Which version smf are you using?

Arantor

bros: Why? Is the intent to globally ignore a user, or to create some kind of private area where the user can post but only the staff can see all topics?

bros

Quote from: Arantor on April 19, 2013, 12:12:25 AM
bros: Why? Is the intent to globally ignore a user, or to create some kind of private area where the user can post but only the staff can see all topics?

It's to make it so users who cause trouble on one forum don't have their posts visible to all users on that one forum, but they still think they are posting, only everyone is ignoring them

Arantor

Yeah, there's no way to implement that with this mod, nor to do it without a major performance hit.

bros

Quote from: Arantor on April 20, 2013, 02:43:06 PM
Yeah, there's no way to implement that with this mod, nor to do it without a major performance hit.

I'm guessing it is the applying it to a single board part that is the performance issue?

Since other than that, it would be good, provided you can do it to all of a user's posts & do it to a specific board.

Arantor

Nope. It's the fact that you're doing a unoptimisable selection to exclude posts. Same reason the '24 things to make SMF faster' outright suggests turning off post moderation: it introduces a component to the 'fetch topic' queries that cannot be optimised.

bros

Quote from: Arantor on April 20, 2013, 04:51:13 PM
Nope. It's the fact that you're doing a unoptimisable selection to exclude posts. Same reason the '24 things to make SMF faster' outright suggests turning off post moderation: it introduces a component to the 'fetch topic' queries that cannot be optimised.

Damn.

It'd be fun to do that to screw with a rather acerbic user.

D.S

Hi guys , I need some help for this mod , hid post was working on 1.1.18 version in perfect but when upgrade the forum to 2.0.4 the mod isn't work ,therefore when hide any post by karma the warning message as pix in attach is appear [You currently have 0] although I have a lot of karma , please guys can you help to solve this issue ..

Regards

D.S

pikiame

Quote from: D.S on June 20, 2013, 06:49:37 PM
Hi guys , I need some help for this mod , hid post was working on 1.1.18 version in perfect but when upgrade the forum to 2.0.4 the mod isn't work ,therefore when hide any post by karma the warning message as pix in attach is appear [You currently have 0] although I have a lot of karma , please guys can you help to solve this issue ..

Regards

D.S

i have exactly the same probem please help

D.S

can any body help me ?? :\

D.S

Quote from: nikan on June 26, 2013, 12:34:37 PM
D.S i updated the mod in this port with fix for karma. Can you test it?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=58833.msg3220648#msg3220648
waw, it is work , you are great man thank you dude for ur effort

Regards

D.s

Endy U

SMF 2.0.4

I have been using this mod for many years, and thanks to nikan for keeping it up to date.

After the years, the many values set by each user in each post is very very varied. Quite messy at times.

I had an idea of trying to simplify the hide option,
FROM
Hide this post:
-----
login

TO
Hide this post:
-----
login
from Postcount Group 1
from Postcount Group 1+2
from Postcount Group 1+2+3

I had a look at <file name="$sourcedir/Post.php"> and <file name="$themedir/Post.template.php"> and they are beyond me as I cannot tweak that level of PHP.

Very grateful if you can help in this matter. Thanks.

Biodinamika

Hidden post is visible!? SMF 2.05

nikan

Hidden posts are hidden up to 2.0.6

Biodinamika

No, it is quite visible to my embarrassment!

Installation was fine, but when I write something

nikan

The post should be hidden from guests and members, not from admins and moderators.

Biodinamika

I know - but this image is from member not a moderator!

nikan

Check if the mod is installed correctly in the files and in database.

GrolchNr1

hey there,

I have a short question regarding the HidePost mod.
what I need to change in order to hide the notes are displayed below the hidden post message.
and not behind the hidden post message?

thanks for answer and sorry for my bad english ;)

greetz
Grolch

Advertisement: