News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeblow1102

Quote from: Leaf on December 21, 2005, 09:42:54 PM
Quote from: joeblow1102 on December 19, 2005, 11:04:47 PM
i hid one of my posts by login and it works great.  i tried viewing it as a guest and it didn't work.  said i had to login.  but then i logged in under my name and it said i had to login, but it showed the message as well.  is this a known problem, or just one with my board?
It is designed this way to let users know that it is a hidden post. You can turn off the message by unchecking the option "Enable viewing hidden messages if user can see the posts" and also turn off the permssion "View hidden messages in posts".

oh thanks this works and btw, this is a great mod.

fiver

Hi, I installed Hide Post through the Admin > Packages.
My system is SMF1.1RC1, server using PHP4.3.11 and MySQL 4.0.25-standard

After installing and logout, as a guest view, the header was ok, but the body has an error message. The forum error log shows:

QuoteGuest     December 23, 2005, 10:55:09 PM    
http://www.fivearts.net/index.php

Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
AND bp.ID_BOARD = IF(b.permission_mode = 1, b.ID_BOARD, 0)
File: /...../Sources/Security.php
Line: 765

I uninstalled it, again through Admin>Packages, there is also an error message. Forum error log shows:

QuoteDatabase Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE FROM smf_settings
WHERE `variable` LIKE 'allow_hid
File: /....../Packages/temp/uninstall.php
Line: 20

and in Admin>Packages>Installed Packages, it still shows that Hide Post is installed

QuoteView and Remove Installed Packages   
Mod Name   Version      
1.   Hide Post   1.0.4   [ Uninstall ]   

[ Delete Mod List ]

I would eagerly like to use this MOD... very much appreciate your help.

Merry Chrismas.
:D

tuga

i use the version 1.0.3 on RC1 and when i try upgrade to 1.0.4 give me error like that one

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/Post.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Printpage.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Sources/Recent.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Post.template.php Test successful
12. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Recent.template.php Test successful
14. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test failed
15. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
16. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
17. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
18. Execute Modification ./Sources/Post.php Test successful
19. Execute Modification ./Sources/Printpage.php Test successful
20. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Test successful
21. Execute Modification ./Sources/Recent.php Test successful
22. Execute Modification ./Sources/Security.php Test successful
23. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
24. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
25. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Post.template.php Test failed
26. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
27. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Recent.template.php Test successful
28. Extract Tree .//Sources

what i need to do? for fix this?

tuga

what i need to do for hide for example links but leave free the text? in same post

tuga

Quote from: tuga on December 25, 2005, 11:17:22 AM
what i need to do for hide for example links but leave free the text? in same post

can anyone help me with this, how can hide only the links and leave free the text and pictures

guppy

that's not a feature of this mod, tho' it wld be nice to have it  ;)

kicon

big problem for installation. i have alot of things i dont get. i need installation instruction for smfl ver1.05 with hidepost.

which directory of the smfl package ver1.05 should i upload the hidepost?
how do i install the smfl ver 1.05 together with the hidepost?
there are 2 install.php one from the smfl package and other from the hidepost. i know how to install the smfl package but when i install the hidepost it said:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_query() in /home/gamedep/public_html/forum/install.php on line 7

please give me instruction step by step.thanks

Leaf

Quote from: kicon on December 27, 2005, 03:37:53 PM
big problem for installation. i have alot of things i dont get. i need installation instruction for smfl ver1.05 with hidepost.

which directory of the smfl package ver1.05 should i upload the hidepost?
how do i install the smfl ver 1.05 together with the hidepost?
there are 2 install.php one from the smfl package and other from the hidepost. i know how to install the smfl package but when i install the hidepost it said:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_query() in /home/gamedep/public_html/forum/install.php on line 7

please give me instruction step by step.thanks

SMF 1.0.5 can be installed by running install.php directly. However, mods like HidePost shall be installed through package manager in smf. You can find package manager from admin panel: Admin->Forum Controls->PackageManager.

Leaf

Quote from: tuga on December 25, 2005, 11:16:00 AM
i use the version 1.0.3 on RC1 and when i try upgrade to 1.0.4 give me error like that one

That's because these two files have been changed by other mods or by yourself since you installed HidePost 1.0.3. You can apply the changes for these two files manually.

tuga

Quote from: Leaf on December 28, 2005, 11:02:00 AM
Quote from: tuga on December 25, 2005, 11:16:00 AM

That's because these two files have been changed by other mods or by yourself since you installed HidePost 1.0.3. You can apply the changes for these two files manually.

how? can you tell me what i need add for upgrade to 1.0.4

thx

Leaf

Quote from: fivearts on December 23, 2005, 09:55:31 PM
Hi, I installed Hide Post through the Admin > Packages.
My system is SMF1.1RC1, server using PHP4.3.11 and MySQL 4.0.25-standard

After installing and logout, as a guest view, the header was ok, but the body has an error message. The forum error log shows:

QuoteGuest     December 23, 2005, 10:55:09 PM    
http://www.fivearts.net/index.php

Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
AND bp.ID_BOARD = IF(b.permission_mode = 1, b.ID_BOARD, 0)
File: /...../Sources/Security.php
Line: 765

I uninstalled it, again through Admin>Packages, there is also an error message. Forum error log shows:

QuoteDatabase Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE FROM smf_settings
File: /....../Packages/temp/uninstall.php

and in Admin>Packages>Installed Packages, it still shows that Hide Post is installed

QuoteView and Remove Installed Packages   
Mod Name   Version      
1.   Hide Post   1.0.4   [ Uninstall ]   

[ Delete Mod List ]

I would eagerly like to use this MOD... very much appreciate your help.

Merry Chrismas.

It seems like a database issue because of different db version. MySQL 4.0.25 is a quite old version. The most important db changes are:

ALTER TABLE `smf_messages` ADD `hiddenOption` TINYINT( 4 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `smf_messages` Add `hiddenValue` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

You can execute these two commands in phpmyadmin. For other db changes, you can set the correct values from admin panel.

Leaf

Quote from: tuga on December 28, 2005, 11:14:26 AM
how? can you tell me what i need add for upgrade to 1.0.4

thx
1. Upgrade to 1.0.4.

2. In Display.php:

Search for:
            hiddenOption, hiddenValue,
Replace with:
            hiddenOption, hiddenValue, ID_BOARD,

Search for:
      $message['body'] = getHiddenMessage(&$message, $topic);
Replace with:
      $message['ID_TOPIC'] = $topic;
      $context['current_message'] = $message;
      $message['body'] = getHiddenMessage();
      $message['can_view_post'] = $context['can_view_post'];

3. Changes in Post.template.php are the same as in 1.0.3.

cH40z-Lord

I'm getting this error

Quote from: ErrorAn Error Has Occurred!
2: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 4212 is not allowed to access /hp/aa/ad/dm/www/board/Packages/temp owned by uid 33
File: /hp/aa/ad/dm/www/board/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

What can I do ?

[ I've got SMF 1.0.5 ]

fiver

Hi Leaf,

Thanks for the reply.

I have made the changes in MySQL for:

ALTER TABLE `smf_messages` ADD `hiddenOption` TINYINT( 4 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `smf_messages` Add `hiddenValue` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Then I reinstall Hide Posts. When I logout, viewing as a guest, all the boards are missing which I think the index page was replaced by error message page:

QuoteDatabase Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

When I login again, the board seems normal again.

So I uninstall it and get error message:

QuoteDatabase Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE FROM smf_settings
File: /......../Packages/temp/uninstall.php

Under Installed Packages, it still list Hide Posts as Installed.

What can I do?

cheers,

kicon

hey! leaf

i installed the hide post version 1.04 to my smf 1.05. i did check allow to HIDE POST , VIEW HIDDEN POST AND VIEW HIDDEN MASSAGE of the permission under manage board section. and i also check ENABLE HIDDEN POSTS AND HIDDEN MASSAGES of the features and options section in the admin.

i login by admin account and test the post but there is nothing allow me to use hidden option under the ADDETIONAL OPTIONS when i do the post. i dont know what wrong with this. do i miss any other checking? or some problems with hide post.

and where do i dl the hide post version 1.05?

Leaf

Quote from: kicon on January 02, 2006, 01:03:22 AM
hey! leaf

i installed the hide post version 1.04 to my smf 1.05. i did check allow to HIDE POST , VIEW HIDDEN POST AND VIEW HIDDEN MASSAGE of the permission under manage board section. and i also check ENABLE HIDDEN POSTS AND HIDDEN MASSAGES of the features and options section in the admin.

i login by admin account and test the post but there is nothing allow me to use hidden option under the ADDETIONAL OPTIONS when i do the post. i dont know what wrong with this. do i miss any other checking? or some problems with hide post.

and where do i dl the hide post version 1.05?
Enable Hide Posts permissions for "own post" and "any post" for each group you want them to be able to hide posts. If you have board permssions, enable them there too.

Leaf

Quote from: cH40z-Lord on December 28, 2005, 08:59:42 PM
I'm getting this error

Quote from: ErrorAn Error Has Occurred!
2: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 4212 is not allowed to access /hp/aa/ad/dm/www/board/Packages/temp owned by uid 33
File: /hp/aa/ad/dm/www/board/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

What can I do ?

[ I've got SMF 1.0.5 ]
Did you get this error when you install this mod from Package Manager? If it is an installation error, try to delete Packages\temp directory and redo it.

Leaf

Quote from: fivearts on December 29, 2005, 07:09:40 AM
Hi Leaf,

Thanks for the reply.

I have made the changes in MySQL for:

Then I reinstall Hide Posts. When I logout, viewing as a guest, all the boards are missing which I think the index page was replaced by error message page:

QuoteDatabase Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

When I login again, the board seems normal again.

So I uninstall it and get error message:

QuoteDatabase Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE FROM smf_settings
File: /......../Packages/temp/uninstall.php

Under Installed Packages, it still list Hide Posts as Installed.

What can I do?

cheers,

Can you setup a test forum on your site? I don't have the excact environment that you have, so, it is hard to say what is wrong or right. You can try to remove "IGNORE" keyword from install.php and uninstall.php and zip the files together to install with the new zip file.

kicon

your hide post script not working with the  classic SE theme of smf. it was fined with the other theme setting. but after i change the theme to classic. there is no options for hide post when i do the new post. i like the look of classic theme. would you fix this up for me thanks.

fiver

Hi Leaf,

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking of upgrading from SMF1.1RC1 to SMF1.1RC2. Will Hide Post be compatible?

If you have not tested it on RC2, if I setup a test forum for RC2 for you, is that a good idea? or will you be testing it on RC2 yourself?

Cheers ;)

Advertisement: