News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leaf

Hi fivearts, This mod doens't support smf 1.1 RC2 now. I already setup a rc2 test forum and will test on rc2. If you can provide a test forum for rc2, I can make sure it works for you after you upgrade. :)

Leaf

Quote from: kicon on January 02, 2006, 08:22:20 PM
your hide post script not working with the  classic SE theme of smf. it was fined with the other theme setting. but after i change the theme to classic. there is no options for hide post when i do the new post. i like the look of classic theme. would you fix this up for me thanks.
Sorry, this request takes time and I am currently busy on upgrading my mods and forum as well as developing a new game. It may happen in future but not soon.

cH40z-Lord

Quote from: Leaf on January 02, 2006, 01:01:02 PM
Quote from: cH40z-Lord on December 28, 2005, 08:59:42 PM
I'm getting this error

Quote from: ErrorAn Error Has Occurred!
2: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 4212 is not allowed to access /hp/aa/ad/dm/www/board/Packages/temp owned by uid 33
File: /hp/aa/ad/dm/www/board/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

What can I do ?

[ I've got SMF 1.0.5 ]
Did you get this error when you install this mod from Package Manager? If it is an installation error, try to delete Packages\temp directory and redo it.

Thx for your reply, but that doesn't work :(
Even when I try to apply your nice mod, then I'll get this error again....
My Packages\Temp -Folder is even empty, I've tried deleting it and re-creating it, but it doesn't work :(

Leaf

Support 1.1 RC 2. Change database statements to be compatible with old MySQL.

Quote from: cH40z-Lord on January 04, 2006, 07:16:47 AM
Thx for your reply, but that doesn't work :(
Even when I try to apply your nice mod, then I'll get this error again....
My Packages\Temp -Folder is even empty, I've tried deleting it and re-creating it, but it doesn't work :(
It seems like you don't have enough permission to install mods from package manager. fopen() is low level file operations executed by package manager.

fiver

Hi Leaf,

You are fast! I was having problem installing a new forum on subdomain to test Hide Post when I read your update.

I have updated my forum to 1.1rc2 yesterday. Unfortunately, while installing your package today, I got an error:

QuoteDatabase Error   
Duplicate entry 'allow_hiddenPost' for key 1
File: /home/fivearts/public_html/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 22

The installation did not go through. :(

Appreciate your help very much. :D

duock

hi, your code are doing very well, you are great, but work in default theme only

got any idea how to insert hidden post code in classic theme?

Leaf

Quote from: fivearts on January 05, 2006, 03:50:46 AM
Hi Leaf,

You are fast! I was having problem installing a new forum on subdomain to test Hide Post when I read your update.

I have updated my forum to 1.1rc2 yesterday. Unfortunately, while installing your package today, I got an error:

QuoteDatabase Error   
Duplicate entry 'allow_hiddenPost' for key 1
File: /home/fivearts/public_html/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 22

The installation did not go through. :(

Appreciate your help very much. :D
My mod only supports fresh install for smf 1.1 rc2. If you already have the database settings added in this mod, you will need to remove the following sentence from 1.1 RC2 section in the package-info.xml file and use the new zip file to install:

<code type="file">install.php</code>

Or, you can delete the existing entries by uninstalling the mod or from phpmyadim.

Leaf

Quote from: duock on January 05, 2006, 05:38:57 AM
hi, your code are doing very well, you are great, but work in default theme only

got any idea how to insert hidden post code in classic theme?
As I said, it takes time. Please be patient.

tuga

hello, before i use RC1 with 1.0.3 i install RC2 and i open package-info.xml and i remove this code   <code type="file">install.php</code> from RC2 option, and that upload and install without any problem,
but only me (admin) can login into the  forum, the rest of the members not, they  try and always say:

error on data base, please contact admin

what can i do?

Leaf

Version 1.0.5: Support classic theme.

Quote from: tuga on January 07, 2006, 02:13:57 AM
hello, before i use RC1 with 1.0.3 i install RC2 and i open package-info.xml and i remove this code   <code type="file">install.php</code> from RC2 option, and that upload and install without any problem,
but only me (admin) can login into the  forum, the rest of the members not, they  try and always say:

error on data base, please contact admin

what can i do?
tuqa, my comments on removing install.php is based on you have run install.php in this mod in the past. It is different from install.php in forum. This mod doesn't affect logon permissions.

Bigguy

I just tried to uninstall this and I got this error. This is after it said success on everything to uninstall it. What do I do, help. ???:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE FROM smf_settings
WHERE `variable` LIKE 'allow_hid
File: /home/*****/public_html/smf/Packages/temp/uninstall.php
Line: 20

Leaf

Release version 1.0.6.

Quote from: Bigguy on January 08, 2006, 07:31:15 PM
I just tried to uninstall this and I got this error. This is after it said success on everything to uninstall it. What do I do, help. ???:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE FROM smf_settings
WHERE `variable` LIKE 'allow_hid
File: /home/*****/public_html/smf/Packages/temp/uninstall.php
Line: 20
Remove IGNORE from the uninstall.php and uninstall the mod with the new zip file. This is a known bug and is fixed in 1.0.6.

Leaf

Update version 1.0.6: Upgradable from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6.

Bigguy

I sorta got it figured now, thanks.

Leaf

Sorry, put the wrong xml file in last update. Please try the new zip file.

fiver

Hi Leaf,

Many many thanks for helping to troubleshoot Hidepost to make it work for 1.1 RC2 on my forum. My member has started using it within hours after installing it!

Quote1. Login: It requires a user to login to see the post.
2. Reply: It requires a user to reply to the topic to see the post.
3. Karma: It requires a user to have a total karma greater than or equal to a specified value to see the post.
4. Posts: It requires a user to have a number of posts greater than or equal to a specified value to see the post.

May I add to the wishlist? ...
5. Hide this post [From all] except [select membergroups].

;D

carola0102

Hi I tried to install this mod and I get the following error:

QuoteDuplicate entry 'allow_hiddenPost' for key 1
File: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/tamilflowerz.net/httpdocs/forum/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 24

can anyone help??

kezayah

Hide 1.03 fuctions very well on RC1.2 with small modifications.
Hide 1.04 and Hide 1.06 bug if I activate the recent's topics ...  >:(  >:(  >:(
Why have to modify Hide 1.03 ??  :-\

Leaf

Quote from: carola0102 on January 15, 2006, 06:09:21 AM
Hi I tried to install this mod and I get the following error:

QuoteDuplicate entry 'allow_hiddenPost' for key 1
File: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/tamilflowerz.net/httpdocs/forum/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 24

can anyone help??
You have previously installed it. Remove the following records from settings table:
allow_hiddenPost
show_hiddenMessage
max_hiddenValue
show_hiddenColor
hide_post_own
hide_post_any
view_hidden_msg
view_hidden_post

Leaf

Quote from: kezayah on January 17, 2006, 03:32:35 AM
Hide 1.03 fuctions very well on RC1.2 with small modifications.
Hide 1.04 and Hide 1.06 bug if I activate the recent's topics ...  >:(  >:(  >:(
Why have to modify Hide 1.03 ??  :-\

Because there are some backward compatible issues to support MySQL and PHP.
Please remember, this mod is not a paid commercial product. Users who choose to use it may take their own risks.
Recent topics issue is a known issue. The latest 1.0.6 solved this issue, but there is another print issue. Thus, we will need v1.0.7.
You see, there is always a reason to release new versions.

Quote from: fivearts on January 11, 2006, 08:40:39 AM
Hi Leaf,

Many many thanks for helping to troubleshoot Hidepost to make it work for 1.1 RC2 on my forum. My member has started using it within hours after installing it!

Quote1. Login: It requires a user to login to see the post.
2. Reply: It requires a user to reply to the topic to see the post.
3. Karma: It requires a user to have a total karma greater than or equal to a specified value to see the post.
4. Posts: It requires a user to have a number of posts greater than or equal to a specified value to see the post.

May I add to the wishlist? ...
5. Hide this post [From all] except [select membergroups].

;D
This one cannot be added to the wish list because it doesn't fit into the current db fields.

Advertisement: