Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leaf

Release version 1.0.7:
- Fix the display error in print page.
- Fix the duplicate key issue during installation if the key already exists.

Note: Recent post error was fixed in an updated version of 1.0.6 and the fix is included in 1.0.7.

fiver

Hi Leaf.

Fabulous! Thanks again. :D :D :D

Here's a note to users of previous version 1.0.6.

I have experimented on my test forum by uninstalling 1.0.6 first. The effect is:
- All hidden posts will revert back to normal unhidden post.
- When you install the new 1.0.7, they will still remain as normal unhiddden post.
- If you want to have the old posts hidden, you have to Modify them one by one.

Therefore if you want previously Hidden posts to remain hidden, DO NOT uninstall 1.0.6 - just install 1.0.7 over it. The table in Admin - Packages will show these

Mod NameVersion
1.Hide Post1.0.6[ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.Hide Post1.0.7[ Uninstall ][ List Files ][ Delete ]

Now if for some reason you decide to uninstall 1.0.7, the effect is the same as above.
- All hidden posts will revert back to normal unhidden post.
- When you reinstall 1.0.7, they will still remain as normal unhiddden post.
- If you want to have the old posts hidden, you have to Modify them one by one.

The table in Admin - Packages will show these

Mod NameVersion
1.Hide Post1.0.6[ Apply Mod ][ List Files ][ Delete ]
2.Hide Post1.0.7[ Apply Mod ][ List Files ][ Delete ]

Cheers.
;D

carola0102

Quote from: Leaf on January 17, 2006, 01:46:59 PM
Quote from: carola0102 on January 15, 2006, 06:09:21 AM
Hi I tried to install this mod and I get the following error:

QuoteDuplicate entry 'allow_hiddenPost' for key 1
File: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/tamilflowerz.net/httpdocs/forum/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 24

can anyone help??
You have previously installed it. Remove the following records from settings table:
allow_hiddenPost
show_hiddenMessage
max_hiddenValue
show_hiddenColor
hide_post_own
hide_post_any
view_hidden_msg
view_hidden_post

Hi Leaf,
thanks for your reply. I'm using SMF version 1.05
I tried to install this mod.. everything is listed as success but when I proceed... I get errors like
QuoteDuplicate entry 'allow_hiddenPost' for key 1
File: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/tamilflowerz.net/httpdocs/forum/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 24

I tried to delete the records from smf_settings. But I can't find all the records u mentioned above. And after I did this should I apply the mod again? Even then it still gives errors :(

Leaf

Please download the latest mod v1.0.7 and try it. I added some logic to check for duplicate keys in db.

carola0102

thanks a lot! :D it's working and it's a wonderful mod ;D

cH40z-Lord

when are you going to make it compatible with SMF 1.0.6 :/ ?

fiver

Hi Leaf,

One of my members has a request...

Quotecould you include a feature in hide posts,that makes it possible to write an intro to the hidden post which is not hidden?

From that request, I am thinking... Is it possible to integrate an "Unhide" tag so that the text within the "Unhide" tag will not be hidden? If that is possible, perhaps an "Unhide" tag-button next to the Hide Post criterias will be good.

On another matter, I have also installed Merged Double Posts mod and discovered an interesting "side-effect" with Hide Post:
http://www.fivearts.net/index.php/topic,146.msg610.html#msg610

cheers
:)

Leaf

Updated version 1.0.7 to support smf 1.0.6.

fivearts, it is a good idear to have some customized introduction message besides the standard message for hidden posts.

Interesting to see the side-effect with Merged Double Posts. I use the message table to store hidden information, but Merged posts will keep only the second message and delete the first one.

fiver

Hi Leaf,

Quotefivearts, it is a good idear to have some customized introduction message besides the standard message for hidden posts.

I'm sorry you have misunderstood - its not the standard message describing the hidden post.  :P

The problem arise when I install Merged Double Posts. One of my member had posted an introduction for his article (not hidden) and followed with a second post to the article (hidden) - both his 1st and 2nd posts were merged and hidden. Since then, as a solution, I have reduced the time-frame for a post to be merged automatically.

Quotecould you include a feature in hide posts,that makes it possible to write an intro to the hidden post which is not hidden?

So I understand he is requesting whether is it possible to have part of the post not hidden. For example, inside a post, the first paragraph is not hidden while the 2nd paragraph is hidden. The 3rd paragraph is not hidden, the 4th paragraph is hidden.

I understand this is leaning towards the use of tags - which is why I have the idea of having Unhide tags. Is it possible to create Unhide tags to work with Hide Post mod? Will you be considering this idea?  :P

Thanks again for this extremely useful mod. It has encouraged my members to post articles and guests to register to read them.

cheers,

readme.txt

would this mod work in a forum I specify?

i.e: forum: "downloads" ?
Hagamos el mundo al reves.

diegolyanky

GREAT !! ... I installed on SMF 1.1RC2 with Helios_Multi theme and works FINE. Very good job !

I traslated into Portuguese and Spanish, if you like the files send me a private.

Regards !  ;)
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

fiver

Quote from: anibal on February 08, 2006, 06:30:04 PM
would this mod work in a forum I specify?

i.e: forum: "downloads" ?

Yes it would. If you are using SMF 1.1RC2 ...
1. Go to Admin > Permissions > Permissions By Board.
2. Choose a forum and switch it to Local permission.
3. After the screen is refreshed, you can click on the forum name.
4. On the extreme right column, you can now select the group to use Hide Post.
5. At the bottom of the page, there are 2 selectors and a "Add permission..." button. Make sure the left selector is on "Add permission..."
6. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Own post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in own topics in your choosen forum.
7. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Any post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in any topics in your choosen forum.

Hope that helps.

fiver

Hi Leaf,

Maybe its better to re-word the following:
from Hide posts (Own post) to Hide posts (Own topic)
from Hide posts (Any post) to Hide posts (Any topic)

cheers,

gerrymore

Could this be altred to a straightforward Post Moderation Mod? By that I mean all new posts from regular members require Admin/Moderator approval before being publically visible? Other membrgroups to see all posts.

This would be awsome if it could be done.
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

Kraken

I installe the mod and took the message "installed".
However, no any files are modified.
So i tried to install manually.
Now, i take this message:
Unknown column 'hiddenOption' in 'field list'
file: /forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 723

HeLLCiTo

hi , a installa it fine. congratulations

Its posible to hide only a part of de post???

Where i configure the mod in admin cp?

kezayah

Quote from: HeLLCiTo on February 28, 2006, 08:23:46 PM
hi , a installa it fine. congratulations

Its posible to hide only a part of de post???

Where i configure the mod in admin cp?
Oooooh yes, utiliser par exemple dans un post : [hide] [/hide] avec les options de ce mod !!!  :D

kicon

hi leaf

i want to ask you make your hide post to work with classic theme yet? i has been waiting for this feature.

Bigguy

Why not just modify the classic theme by hand. (just a thought)

zilox

how do u install this thing????

Advertisement: