Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepy

Normally, you download it and place it in the Package folder of your SMF site, then login to SMF as admin, goto admin panel then package manager, and a new shiny package should be sitting there with a bouncing [Install] or [Upgrade] button next to it.

Ok, maybe it's not bouncing... a mod idea, anyone? ^^

If you don't see the package, it's very likely that you've placed the zip or tar.gz file in a wrong folder.  You don't have to uncompress the file.

angelillovk

Thank you very much by mod, it wanted to know if there is possibility of raising limits of 500. 

Thank you 

Surfy

Great Mod  :)

But i found a bug... A user only must try to quote a message, then he see the content without he must post something  :'(

Leaf

Quote from: Kraken on February 16, 2006, 11:12:34 AM
I installe the mod and took the message "installed".
However, no any files are modified.
So i tried to install manually.
Now, i take this message:
Unknown column 'hiddenOption' in 'field list'
file: /forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 723

If you install it manually, you shall update your database to add the fields/values introduced in this mod.

Leaf

Quote from: angelillovk on April 11, 2006, 03:11:27 PM
Thank you very much by mod, it wanted to know if there is possibility of raising limits of 500. 

Thank you 
The limit of 500 can be changed in admin panel->Features and Options.

Leaf

Quote from: Surfy on April 26, 2006, 03:58:23 AM

But i found a bug... A user only must try to quote a message, then he see the content without he must post something  :'(
If you don't have permission to view it, you shall not be able to quote it.

angelillovk

Quote from: Leaf on May 01, 2006, 11:20:39 AM
Quote from: Surfy on April 26, 2006, 03:58:23 AM

If you don't have permission to view it, you shall not be able to quote it.

I prove with a user who does not have permission to see the content of post and he lets to me quote

Surfy

My fault - it works fine on the default theme - other themes u have to edit by hand  ;)

angelillovk

It does not let to me uninstall mod, I want to do it and to install it to see again if it works to me well. Since I can do it?

Leaf

If you install other mods after this mod is installed which have conflictions with this one, you may not be able to uninstall it since the files are changed by other mods.

Leaf

Quote from: kicon on April 01, 2006, 07:28:22 PM
hi leaf

i want to ask you make your hide post to work with classic theme yet? i has been waiting for this feature.
Sorry, there is too much work to make it work with classic theme for all the versions supported by this mod. It is designed to work with default theme currently.

Leaf

Update version 1.0.7 to support smf 1.0.7.

LeberMac

Is there a way to do the following with this mod:
Make an entire thread, except for the first post, hidden until a user posts in it.
When the user posts in it, then all the posts are visible.

I suppose you can modify the "post.php" that would set all replies to default to "hidden" by inserting the tags automatically, but that would affect users globally on all boards and threads, and that's not what I want to do.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm diving into the post.php script now...

Okay, looks like I can set the default to automatically hide everything until they post by changing post.php where it says
$context['hidden_option'] = 0;
to...
$context['hidden_option'] = 2;
Where option 2 is {
// Hide by reply ....... ;
$hidden_message = $txt['hide_reply_msg'];
$context['can_view_post'] |= checkUserRepliedToTopic($message['ID_TOPIC']);
}

from HidePost.php

And just disable the ability for specific users to change their "hidden" options by putting some kind of conditional in front of the "can hide post" option in the post.php (and maybe the poll.php, I haven't looked yet...)
Tequila is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

yosemite

i figured out a way to make this work with other themes. you just change your theme to smf default, then modify the post to be hidden and then you drop back in to your other theme. the post you have set up to be hidden are hidden according to what you specified.

Bigguy

You could also modify the theme that you want to work with this mod. All of the instructions will be in the .xml file of the modification.

ivo2296

I'm using smf 1.0.7 .

I wonder if can be done this mod to be connected with "Thank you" mod http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=257

So when a user presses "Thank you" button to see the hidden massage in post.

sbclansite.com

This is an excellent mod and works great when u have to hide passwords to files from visitors :).

Good work leaf i really hope that hide boards with same funcionality are also worked upon it would be great mod. I am not talking about current hideboard vs 1 as it is limited to disabling whole boards for a group i mean disabling boards based on karma or posts requirements.
The Mod , Modifier :). For Mods/Scripts/GameServer Installations contact me via http://www.forums.sbclansite.com <<Free Image hosting, Free WebHosting and Free Featured Listing available also.
Webhosting @ 1.55$ : http://www.a1whs.com
Free Seo Friendly Directory : http://www.sbclansite.com

MrAnderson.cl

Quote from: fivearts on February 09, 2006, 02:53:42 AM
Quote from: anibal on February 08, 2006, 06:30:04 PM
would this mod work in a forum I specify?

i.e: forum: "downloads" ?

Yes it would. If you are using SMF 1.1RC2 ...
1. Go to Admin > Permissions > Permissions By Board.
2. Choose a forum and switch it to Local permission.
3. After the screen is refreshed, you can click on the forum name.
4. On the extreme right column, you can now select the group to use Hide Post.
5. At the bottom of the page, there are 2 selectors and a "Add permission..." button. Make sure the left selector is on "Add permission..."
6. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Own post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in own topics in your choosen forum.
7. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Any post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in any topics in your choosen forum.

Hope that helps.
:)

Can't get it to work with SMF 1.1 RC2... I've uploaded it with Package Manager, I pressed on Install Now link, but when I go to Admin Panel -> Permissions -> Board Permissions I can't see the "Local Permission you say" so I can't activate it...

And in the posts i get an aditional option that has no name, and nothing can be selected...

Let me show u a screencapture

Ohh forget about it i was with my forum in spanish and that's the why it didn't showed the options... my mistake but it will be usefull for someone so I will not delete what i wrote up these lines

Going to another point... is there any way to arrange this excelent mod to work for hiding some responses acording to a text in the title of the topic??

I mean let's say the original topic is entitled "Here's my desktop modding" and subsecuents comments are entitled "Re: Here's my desktop modding"... i post some responses or upgrades removing the "Re:"... but i want the post to hide the "Re:" responses with a button click and show them again with another button click... just like it works the Quick Reply mod... can it be done??

It would be a greater upgrade for this awesome modd

Greetings from Chile

MrAnderson

LeberMac

Just another quick thanks to Leaf for this Mod. It's cool.

I found this to be helpful, from Smiley:

If you are using SMF 1.1RC2 ...
1. Go to Admin > Permissions > Permissions By Board.
2. Choose a forum and switch it to Local permission.
3. After the screen is refreshed, you can click on the forum name.
4. On the extreme right column, you can now select the group to use Hide Post.
5. At the bottom of the page, there are 2 selectors and a "Add permission..." button. Make sure the left selector is on "Add permission..."
6. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Own post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in own topics in your choosen forum.
7. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Any post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in any topics in your choosen forum.
Tequila is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Advertisement: