News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clemenzo

Did you follow the notes by the mod author?

QuoteNOTE:

1. If you use any language other than the supported languages (English & Simplified Chinese), you shall copy the language file HidePost.english.php to HidePost.yourlanguage.php and translate it by yourself. Then, upload that language file HidePost.yourlanguage.php to the language directory.

2. The Package Manager in SMF 1.1 RC3 does not copy files correctly. After installing this mod, please copy the following files from the zip file if the files installed are empty:

/Sources/HidePost.php
/Themes/default/languages/HidePost.english.php
/Themes/default/languages/HidePost.chinese_simplified.php
/Themes/default/languages/HidePost.chinese_simplified_utf8.php

Leaf

Updated to version 1.0.8 to support smf 1.1 & smf 1.1.1.

epon: Please double check the files you copied to forum directory and make sure they are not empty. If you get empty description texts for the options in permission page, it is usually caused by empty language file. If you get "Call to undefined function:  gethiddenmessage()" error, it is usually caused by empty HidePost.php in sources directory.

Quote from: clemenzo on December 12, 2006, 09:40:42 AM
My apologises to Leaf for modifying and sharing the script without seeking permission first. Please remove the attachment if desired.. sorry..
No problem. I am busy recently and just have time to update it for smf 1.1.1.

Leaf

Quote from: jcroot on September 03, 2006, 12:37:15 PM
Quote from: LeberMac on July 31, 2006, 10:38:00 AM
Just another quick thanks to Leaf for this Mod. It's cool.

I found this to be helpful, from Smiley:

If you are using SMF 1.1RC2 ...
1. Go to Admin > Permissions > Permissions By Board.
2. Choose a forum and switch it to Local permission.
3. After the screen is refreshed, you can click on the forum name.
4. On the extreme right column, you can now select the group to use Hide Post.
5. At the bottom of the page, there are 2 selectors and a "Add permission..." button. Make sure the left selector is on "Add permission..."
6. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Own post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in own topics in your choosen forum.
7. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Any post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in any topics in your choosen forum.

Hi Guys! I like to mod, I installed it on SMF RC3.

Well here is the problem, I went to Admin Panel/ Permission/ Permissions By Board  here I see a list of all my forums but I don't see any way to switch it to Local permission can sombody give me a hand please?

This is what I would like to do with this mod, I want to be able to select which forums are allow to use Hide Post, I want to be able to select if Admin or Users are allow to use the hide post option because I don't want every body to be able to use this option or mod.

Thanks.
First, enable advanced by-board permissions under "Admin Panel > Permissions > Settings". Then, you will see the Global & Local options.

Leaf

Quote from: xxangel on October 22, 2006, 06:52:18 PM
I keep on getting this error:

8: Undefined index: can_view_post
File: /yinten.com/forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 923

How can I fix this?

I uninstalled the mod but now I get this:

Quote8: Undefined index: can_hide_post
File: /yinten.com/forum/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (eval?)
Line: 539
Check if the following files are emtpy. The Package Manager in SMF 1.1 RC3 and above does not copy files correctly. After installing this mod, please copy the following files from the zip file if the files installed are empty:

/Sources/HidePost.php

mgaidia

hello
can u please add an option to hide all posts by default from admin panel.
i already have an active forum and i only want registered members to view topics

BigGunn

was just wondering... I know you can change the color of the hidden text... but is there anyway to add a "hidden" and "unhidden" image to it?

AtelierGal

Quote from: clemenzo on December 24, 2006, 04:48:49 AM
Quote from: AtelierGal on December 20, 2006, 11:50:02 PM
I'm using 1.1.1
I uploaded the file but it gave me the mesg "File corrupt or not compatible for current SMF version"

Help, anyone?

Try download from my post in page 1
I'm using 1.1.1
I uploaded the file but it gave me the mesg "File corrupt or not compatible for current SMF version"

Help, anyone?

Try download from my post in page 13 of this topic.

Thanks mate.
But...some parts are empty...

http://i14.tinypic.com/2vxhyls.png
http://i12.tinypic.com/403ci21.png

clemenzo

Quote from: AtelierGal on December 29, 2006, 08:40:51 AM
I'm using 1.1.1

Help, anyone?

Try download from my post in page 1
I'm using 1.1.1

Help, anyone?

Try download from my post in page 13 of this topic.

Thanks mate.
But...some parts are empty...

http://i14.tinypic.com/2vxhyls.png
http://i12.tinypic.com/403ci21.png

As I have highlighted.. re-upload the 4 files as mentioned in the mod notes..

2. The Package Manager in SMF 1.1 RC3 does not copy files correctly. After installing this mod, please copy the following files from the zip file if the files installed are empty:

/Sources/HidePost.php

The above applies to 1.1 and 1.1.1, as far as I tested..

AtelierGal

Ok.. Thanks.
One last dumb qns: how do i upload via ftp when the Hide Post Package I uploaded to my forum is in zip form?

xyxis_fahim

Quote from: mgaidia on December 20, 2006, 04:06:03 AM

the errors i get when installing hide post mod are:
-  Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test failed
- Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test failed

Same problem here :( And how do I add the codes in manual in those 2 files? Any fix?
thanks in advance

clemenzo

Quote from: AtelierGal on December 29, 2006, 08:16:04 PM
Ok.. Thanks.
One last dumb qns: how do i upload via ftp when the Hide Post Package I uploaded to my forum is in zip form?

Unzip the package in your local computer, then ftp the required files to their correct locations, overwriting those with 0 bytes size in the remote folders.

clemenzo

Quote from: xyxis_fahim on December 30, 2006, 08:08:17 PM
Quote from: mgaidia on December 20, 2006, 04:06:03 AM

the errors i get when installing hide post mod are:
-  Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test failed
- Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test failed

Same problem here :( And how do I add the codes in manual in those 2 files? Any fix?
thanks in advance

Read http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.0
and http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0;all

Loverboy

Does this Modification include a BBC icon to use for the Hide tags in the messages?

clemenzo

No icon, it appears as a dropdown select menu in the additional options section when you are replying a post..

babjusi

I ''ve finally installed this mod, but it doesn''t appear. My forum version is 1.1.1. What shall I do to enable and use the functions this mod has offer? Thank you

clemenzo

Did you turn on the functions in Admin > Features and Options > Basic Features? Did you see the drop down hide options under "additional options" in post reply page?

babjusi

Quote from: clemenzo on January 07, 2007, 09:39:22 AM
Did you turn on the functions in Admin > Features and Options > Basic Features? Did you see the drop down hide options under "additional options" in post reply page?

Not at all, I looked for it but I couldn''t find it nowhere

clemenzo

Then do you see 4 lines of options in the basic feature page without description? If yes, you need to manually upload the 4 files as mentioned by the author. These files are not uploaded properly through the package manager.

babjusi

No, I can not see those 4 lines of options in the basic feature page without description. eidher that U mentioned. When I downloaded and applied the mod, I got a message that it was installed successfully and I would be able to use the functions it had to offer

clemenzo

Can you provide screenshots of your basic features page?

Advertisement: