News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

I would, but the point is that I don''t know how to do it. But there is no change at all in my Administrative panel at Features and options.

By the way, my forum version is 1.1.1 and maybe I ain''t looking in the right place. Can u tell me where exactly I should look in order to enable this mod? Thank u

clemenzo

Admin > Features and Options > Basic Features

iyeru42

After installing your mod (Hide Board) then installing this modification, you create duplicate entries for MySQL. Deleting these entries causes the replies not to go through and presents a WRONG COUNT error. Since this error is produced by an error, the mod maker should fix it.

Also, after installing this modification along with Merge Posts if the replier is the same post (By Din1031) may make the Template for replying not work (IE: It adds a $ where it shouldn't be. Installing the Merge Posts deal by it self, does NOT present this error. Only after installing your mods.)

Quote from: clemenzo on January 09, 2007, 12:03:15 AM
Admin > Features and Options > Basic Features

After installing both mods, these descriptions disappear.

NeLLIsania

nice mod! but when I view hidden message, message shown and with him shown alert text: $txt['hide_login_msg'] = '[Hidden post: You need login to forum to see it.]';
Q: how I can hide this message when view message ?

Sorry for my pure english  :-[
/* Have a nice day! */

Jewelzz

I'm running SMF 1.1.1 on localhost for testing purposes, I installed the hide post mod and get this error when I try to post a hidden message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getHiddenMessage() in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\forums\Sources\Display.php on line 899

Now the odd thing, when I click my back button it actually shows the topic but when I try to view it I get the same fatal error.  When you look at line 899 in display.php it says this:

$message['body'] = getHiddenMessage();

Can anyone help fix this error?

TIA

sherpa サイバー侍

hey Leaf good work
i am using smf 1.1.1
i try to install HidePost_1-0-8_smf11 but it says
!!Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

6. Execute Modification    .\Sources/Post.php   Test failed
13. Execute Modification   .\Themes\default/Post.template.php   Test failed

help me in easy language
i am cow for all these php..... this and that language :'(

sherpa サイバー侍

some one help me plz!!!!!!! I just install hide mode but I can't see anything at description. Here I am posting screen shot. Please give me some advice

Bigguy

It looks like the edits did not get put into the modifications.english.php Look in the .xml file for those and add them manually. That should take care of that problem.

clemenzo

Quote from: sherpa on February 13, 2007, 06:25:48 PM
some one help me plz!!!!!!! I just install hide mode but I can't see anything at description. Here I am posting screen shot. Please give me some advice

As mentioned by the mod owner and myself in this thread, you need to manually upload the php and languages files to overwrite those on your web server. Somehow, those files are uploaded by the package manager with 0 byte size.

sherpa サイバー侍

thanks guys!!! really helpful
i might knock your door again if i dont able to ride
thankyou again

bigmohi

does it work with 1.1.2?
seems not yet!

sherpa サイバー侍

after i install 1.1.2 it was gone. nothing left in admin cp but still working hiding post from guest  

bigmohi

same happend to me, but i saw some guys install it at 1.1.2 dunno how  ???

clemenzo

1.1.2 should not affect the mod. Mine still exists.

bigmohi

it needs upgrade to 1.1.2 !!

sherpa サイバー侍

clemenzo

Can you try reinstalling the mod?

bigmohi

i got the message (not work with your smf version) , so i can't install it!!

babjusi

Try this and maybe it helps. Unzip the package, open the package info (XML-Document) and where it''s written 1.1.1 replace it with 1.1.2 and zip it back. Then u should be able to download it and use it with the SMF 1.1.2.  I tried the same way another mod created by leaf, hideboard mod, and it installed  succesfully, hope it helps

sherpa サイバー侍

working working now its working even no language problem
Xiaoqing Zhou has updated for 1.1.2

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=228

Advertisement: