Strange Joomla Login/Logout behavior

Started by Elijah Bliss, December 01, 2005, 01:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elijah Bliss

I just logged out of my Joomla portal, and my user menu that I have clearly set to "registered" is still showing (see attachment)

And on occasions when I login the user menu disappears and doesn't show up till... well basically when it wants too. I'm assuming it's a cookie issue?

Orstio

What version of the bridge?  What version of SMF?  What version of Joomla?

Kindred

did you make the changes to MOS-SMF.php that are required for Joomla?  (see the combined readme post at the top of this board...)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: Orstio on December 01, 2005, 07:34:58 AM
What version of the bridge?  What version of SMF?  What version of Joomla?

Bridge: MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a
SMF: SMF 1.1 RC1+ - CVS 20051119
Joomla: 1.0.3

Quote from: Kindred on December 01, 2005, 07:47:29 AM
did you make the changes to MOS-SMF.php that are required for Joomla?  (see the combined readme post at the top of this board...)

Yes, I followed the instructions to a T, I've been observing this for a while so each time I upgraded my forum I followed the instructions to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong before I reported the weirdness.

Aravot

You are a charter member, should have access to v3.20 try it, I am using it without any problem except login/logout redirection (always redirects to the forum)

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: Aravot on December 01, 2005, 09:03:09 PM
You are a charter member, should have access to v3.20 try it, I am using it without any problem except login/logout redirection (always redirects to the forum)

That's another reason why I went back to 3.19, before I try 3.20, is there a fix for this behavior?

Aravot

supastoked

Hi Guys,
I dont want to duplicate posts, but i am having the exact same problem. I tried all Chadness's suggestions about turning cookies off and sub domain cookies on, renaming the smf cookie and still nada :( This is really a problem for us, as we are waiting to go live with the site, but i really dont feel comfortable going live, when i know there is are still elements that arent working properly.

The site is JoomlaTips.com and like Elijah we have the latest version of the bridge, smf and joomla.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Orstio

EDIT:  Fixed in release of 3.20.  No way of fixing in 3.19.

hshan

Quote from: Aravot on December 01, 2005, 09:03:09 PM

I would also like to try v3.20. I am a charter member. Aravot kindly pointed me to the cvs files. I can see the files but I can not download them. "Save target as" in Internet Eplorer results in saving an htm file. Alt_clicking in Firefox... about the same. Just clicking on the file in either browser brings up an empty page. I have no problem downloading files in the regular download section, so I'm thinking it is a permission issue?! I've messaged Orstio and he referred me to Compuart. Two personal messages to Compuart have been unanswered. So now I'm asking on the forums. Can anyone help me out please, or are charter members not allowed to download cvs files?! Thanks for any help!

Aravot

Try again it works for me, I use FireFox

hshan

Thanks for the reply again Aravot. I feel like an idiot... but no go. I've never had problems downloading files from anywhere, even though I run ZoneAlarm Pro and Norton Antivirus. I tried with both browsers with both ZA and NA turned off. Still no glory. I've logged off and on again, switched themes. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Aravot

Sorry no idea all I can say is before typing this message I tried it and it works (I can download) maybe something wrong at your end, try clicking on the file instead of right click and save as...

hshan

Thanks to Aravot, Oristio, and Compuart for your help. The issue was resolved.

Advertisement: