News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

yabb 1 sp 1.1 to SMF

Started by climber, December 01, 2005, 11:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

climber

installed smf on my local testing server this afternoon. seemed to be just fine. ran the yabb_to_smf.php converter and followed the instructions. I got the error messages below. these files ARE there and the yabb board does run.

anyone have any ideas?

tia

----------------------->

Converting membergroups...
Warning: file("$boarddir/Variables/membergroups.txt") - No such file or directory in E:\Development\NEClimbs\public\sm_bbs\yabb_to_smf.php on line 259

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in E:\Development\NEClimbs\public\sm_bbs\yabb_to_smf.php on line 260
successful.
Converting members...
Warning: OpenDir: Invalid argument (errno 22) in E:\Development\NEClimbs\public\sm_bbs\yabb_to_smf.php on line 357

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in E:\Development\NEClimbs\public\sm_bbs\yabb_to_smf.php on line 359

climber

reset up everything including SMF. reinstalled successfully. reran the converter. this time it said it was working. went thru 3-4 Not Quite Done stages. it even said it was converting the boards, topics, everything... after a loong period, it was done

SUCCESS

my new forum is up and working with all the old info.

Very Cool folks.

climber

OOPS!!!!

I now see that in some, not all, of the sections the conversion doubled or even tripled the posts! any ide what's up with that? it's a real drag. is there some way I can resolve it or do I need to go back to step 1?

you can see this at www.neclimbs.com

HELP

Fizzy

That would be because you ran the convertor twice.

If you DROP all SMF_ tables in your database and then run the convertor again then it should install the data in to the database just the once.

:)
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

climber

trying it again now. hope that is the problem. FYI it keeps saying that it's Not Quite Done and I should press Continue. HOWEVER it's actually really working & keeps going on its own. maybe I pressed Continue when I shouldn't have.

i'll let you know if it is OK. I have my fingers crossed...

Fizzy

I have my fingers crossed...

Same here ;D

climber

worked great & everyone, including me, are happy. <grin> thanks a lot.

Fizzy

Advertisement: