News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Joomla/smf_1-1-rc1 logout problem

Started by VipArt, December 06, 2005, 09:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VipArt

Hello,

I installed SMF 1.1. Made all 4 steps during installation of MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3. I also unpublished old LoginForm module and published mod_smf_login module in Joomla/modules.

The problem is that I see logout link in user menu and I cannot logout while pressing logout.

I know that I should end the old Joomla session in MOS_SMF.php changing code a bit but I cannot find that file? WHere should I get it? Should I upload it manually? From where. Or maybe this file is not the reason of my problem?

thanks in advance

Kindred

MOS_SMF.php is in your SMF/Sources directory...   it was uploaded in Step 1, when you installed the SMF mod in the package manager.
(although, if you are using RC1, chances are that it was not properly uploaded anyway... so get a copy out of the step 1 archive and upload it.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

VipArt

I found file MOS_SMF.php in the archive smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz. Should that file MOS_SMF.php be in the package or should it be separated, I mean just in directory SMF/Sources?

I edited MOS_SMF.php in that archive and saved but got the same result with logout link.

One more thing: I noticed that logout link send the parameter action=mambo_loout. I think this is not correct couse I no longer use mambo, I use joomla. Should I also try to edit core files to correct this?

chadness

mambo_logout is till the function, that's fine.

To make things easier, you can just download a copy of the fixed MOS_SMF.php from here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=20952.msg410103#msg410103

VipArt

I downloaded it to SMF/Packages directory, but login/logout still doesnt work. Should I include that file to archive smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz which is also located in SMF/Packages directory?

Orstio

QuoteThe problem is that I see logout link in user menu and I cannot logout while pressing logout.

Unpublish that as well.  It will log you out of Joomla only.

QuoteI downloaded it to SMF/Packages directory, but login/logout still doesnt work. Should I include that file to archive smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz which is also located in SMF/Packages directory?

It appears you have uploaded the package, but not installed the package.  Unlike the Mambo/Joomla component installation, the SMF package manager does not upload and install all at once.  After uploading the package, you still must install it.  Go back to your SMF package manager, and install the package, which will now be in the list of packages.

VipArt

I installed the package. It appears as  "Mambo Integration" near "Modification Packages" with version name 1.0

What else could be wrong? And What do you mean to unpublish the "Logout" link?

P.S. So I didn't get the point. Should files "mambo.mod", "MOS_SMF.php" and "package-info.xml" be in the archive "smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz" (which is located it SMG/Packages) or should they be separated and located in directory SMF/Packages?

VipArt

Also I have noticed that the "Logout" link refers to http://mysite.com/~myusername/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=53&action=mambo_logout&returnurl=0;sesc=012a3def6890ec7475387047771e9f00

do you notice that ";" before sesc parameter? Is everything ok with this. Shouldn't be the separator between parameters "&" ?

Orstio

QuoteI installed the package. It appears as  "Mambo Integration" near "Modification Packages" with version name 1.0

What are the links to the right of that?

QuoteAlso I have noticed that the "Logout" link refers to http://mysite.com/~myusername/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=53&action=mambo_logout&returnurl=0;sesc=012a3def6890ec7475387047771e9f00

do you notice that ";" before sesc parameter? Is everything ok with this. Shouldn't be the separator between parameters "&" ?

The semi-colon is correct.

VipArt

Uninstall, List Files, Delete.

I checked if this component works. It certainly does because when I register through Joomla "register" link, the user is created not only in joomla database, but also in "smf_members" table. Also I can login to Forum accessing it directly. But I cannot login from my joomla site...

Orstio

Orstio

There is definitely something wrong with the installation of that package.

Can you uninstall it, and try installing it again?

VipArt

Ok. I uninstalled package succesfully. Then I Downloaded it and only when I tried to "Apply mod" I got the following error :
"You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

I chmod 777 all files in Packages directory. The package I'm trying to install is "smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz" file from step1 directory from "MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3".

What I'm doing wrong?

Orstio

The Packages directory will need to be 777 as well, not just the files in it.

Orstio

The files changed by the mod are index.php and Subs.php, which are in the SMF root, and Sources folders.  Can you make sure that both of those folders, and both of those files are also 777?

VipArt

Orstio

Then you may need to make the changes manually.

Here's how:

Unzip the smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz.  Upload the file MOS_SMF.php to your sources directory, and follow the <search for>, <replace>, and <add after> tags in the mambo.mod file to make the necessary changes to index.php and Subs.php.

VipArt

I tried to install that package outside joomla page, I mean directly from forum, then I got this error.

When I tried to install package from Joomla page, everything went ok. I just hadn't time to check if everything is ok with the login

Orstio

It will be OK, once you upload MOS_SMF.php to your Sources directory.  It currently has a file size of 0 bytes.  ;)

You are best to use the one attached here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=20952.msg410103#msg410103

VipArt

Thank you guys for your help, appreciate it. You were right, everything went OK when I uploaded the MOS_SMF.php to Sources dir. Thanks.

Advertisement: