SMF 1.1 + Joomla (Stable) any good with bridge?

Started by Omega X, December 12, 2005, 05:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega X

Ever since the Mambo core team broke away from Miro to create Joomla, I have decided to wait for the Bridge and SMF final.

Now it seems that Joomla is rolling along and SMF 1.1 might be released either the end of this year or early next year.

But I don't want to roll my site forward without knowing that the Bridge might not be stable enough to jump to Joomla and SMF 1.1 respectively.

So does it work the same as with Mambo 4.5.2 and SMF 1.0.5? Or does it call for more hacking?

Orstio

Joomla will require only that you replace your MOS_SMF.php with the one in this post:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=20952.msg410103#msg410103

That said, you will be happier with the bridge for SMF 1.1 RC2, if you can wait for it.

Omega X

Does anyone even know when RC2 is coming?

Seems to me like SMF development has stagnated a little.

Aravot

Quote from: Omega X on December 13, 2005, 01:37:50 AM
Does anyone even know when RC2 is coming?

Within couple of days

QuoteSeems to me like SMF development has stagnated a little.

Not at all a lot of work has been done, you will see once RC2 is released.

Firefrog

Orstio - Just to clarify do you suggest waiting, for those of us who are still to upgrade to 1.1

I have a stable happy site running mambo 4.5.2.3 and SMF 1.0.5 been too scared to upgrade.

I want to upgrade to Joomla 1.0.4 and SMF 1.1RC2 with your bridge should I wait and I have heard rumors it's one step install is that right. :D

Cheers

Orstio

QuoteOrstio - Just to clarify do you suggest waiting, for those of us who are still to upgrade to 1.1

I have a stable happy site running mambo 4.5.2.3 and SMF 1.0.5 been too scared to upgrade.

If you can afford to wait, yes, I suggest waiting.  I realize that there are some people on a deadline, and simply cannot wait for SMF 1.1 RC2 before applying the bridge.

QuoteI want to upgrade to Joomla 1.0.4 and SMF 1.1RC2 with your bridge should I wait and I have heard rumors it's one step install is that right.

Yes, you just install the main component, and the rest is installed automatically.  You will still need to configure the main component, the registration, and the login module, but all three are installed with a single click.  Also, the mod package is no longer necessary for SMF, which is one of the biggest issues with installation.

Firefrog

wow - sounds like good things ahead for non-coding users of this software. It's great to see things getting simpler.

I really appreciate the work you do!!

FunCyber.com

dear oristo

Happy new year !!!! :)

now as rc2 is launched,  please suggest is there any new bridge is coming for  joomla 1.0.5 & smf rc2 & coppermine 1.4

Waiting :)
Search Real Fun Here
Best Fun on Cyber JOIN NOW 

[nofollow]

Kindred

Haven't you seen all the posts??

Of course, we have nothing to do with the coppermine bridge in this discussion area...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: