SMF Gallery 1.0 is now out!!

Started by Dean Williams, December 14, 2005, 05:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Williams

Hello SMF people, as many of you i also fell in love with SMF, and soon I needed to offer my members something which wasnt possible with SMF yet.

And yes it was a gallery, unfortunately at the time i did not know much PHP, so i learned PHP and made myself a gallery, I was so impressed with what i made i decided to create a distributable version which is easyly installed onto a server with any version of SMF installed.

And now I have released V1, the gallery has many different features including:
> Unlimited image display.
> Only members can upload.
> Each uploaded image will say which member uploaded it.
> Ability for members to rate uploaded images (with a capping of 1 rating per member! per image!).
> Members can delete there uploaded images and admins/Mods can delete any members images.
> Add as many categorys as you want.
> The gallery index will say how many images are in each category and an overall amount!
> Recieve a notification when someone uploads an image!
> Setup a preview size for the gallery.
> Set how many images are shown per row in the gallery!!
> Gallery will look like your forums.
> Top XX image posters.
> Top xx image ratings.
> admins can move images to other categorys.

Download the SMF Gallery now! (SMFG)

Please could you then post some comments and suggestions either in this forum or the official SMF Gallery forum. http://tpvgames.co.uk/forum/

snork13

Quote from: tpvgames on December 14, 2005, 05:24:26 PM
Hello SMF people, as many of you i also fell in love with SMF, and soon I needed to offer my members something which wasnt possible with SMF yet.

And yes it was a gallery, unfortunately at the time i did not know much PHP, so i learned PHP and made myself a gallery, I was so impressed with what i made i decided to create a distributable version which is easyly installed onto a server with any version of SMF installed.

And now I'm nearing the release of V1, the gallery has many different features including:
> an unlimited number of custom gallery sections.
> You can edit lots of the display options, for instance preview size and how many on each row.
> Images can only be uploaded by members of the forums.
> All images can be rated 1 - 5 (they can only be rated once per member).
> Each image is labelled with the creator, and some file details.
> The uploader of the image and mods and admin can delete the image with 1 click!!

I would like you to view the current BETA Test of the gallery at this link:
http://tpvgames.co.uk/php/smfgallery/

Please could you then post some comments and suggestions.

Current Problems
> Gallery does not automatically fit the stylesheet of the default skin, I might do this before V1 release or for V2 if its widely used and wanted.
> Found a problem? please tell us!

i see nothing from the link?

-snork
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Bigguy

Very nice, I like it. I see on every pic it has a "Members Only"  saying. is there away to make some images only viewable by members and some images only viewable by guests ?? I lke it though looks good. Lots of info for every pic or smilie.

Trekkie101

Dean Williams

Quote from: Bigguy on December 14, 2005, 05:43:21 PM
Very nice, I like it. I see on every pic it has a "Members Only"  saying. is there away to make some images only viewable by members and some images only viewable by guests ?? I lke it though looks good. Lots of info for every pic or smilie.
all images can be viewed by non-members, but they cant be rated! If you meant rating then...

Not at the moment but ill take it as a suggestion, thanks :)

Trekkie101

<!--
-->

Are needed round your javascript for it to work properly, see the PM I replied to.

Dean Williams

Yes thanks for that, totally missed it :p

BTW Guys, I have very nearly finished making the gallery load the style of your skin, it looks really cool and you can view it at the same link as before.

There will be some dramatic changes over the next few days ;) and ideas or suggestions are still welcome!!

Bigguy

Prasad007

Dean Williams

thanks alot guys, yes its coming on great now, just finished making it skin to my SMF skin, dunno if it will work with other skins yet, will test that soon :)

Goudreault

very cool, would be cool for group permissions and user albums

Dean Williams

Quote from: shipwreck on December 17, 2005, 09:39:17 PM
very cool, would be cool for group permissions and user albums

Nice ideas there, I will definately try to add those ideas, not in the first release though.

For those waiting for first release, please be patient. Were adding an admin panel for changing options. This will make it much easyer to manage than having a settings file!

Bigguy

Also another idea maybe would be that guests can only see thumbnails and members can see thumbnails and full size images.

Elmacik

Home of Elmacik

Dean Williams

WOW very nice suggestion!, the only problem with that is more skilled PC users would right-click (or if i disable that) view the source and get the full link and open that in the browser, enabling full image.

Unless i went though a massive task trying to hide images using GD or something :p
If anyone has any ideas on this idea then please say so lol, and other suggestions welcome too!!

On a side note again: I have just (20 mins ago actually) finished the ADMIN AREA, now im waiting for my partner to come online so we can finish the installer :)

Bigguy

Elegant John

Just what I have been needing! When will it be available?

Dean Williams

Quote from: Elegant John on December 26, 2005, 04:49:54 PM
Just what I have been needing! When will it be available?

Glad you asked, we are expecting the first BETA release in the next 24 hours :), we already have the gallery installing with just a few bugs that we will be fixing after we have slept :p

See you all in about 7-10 hours time :) at which time I'll continue fixing the gallery ready to release :D

NOTE: The example site may go down for a few hours and will change alot as we start to add the sub-site for SMF Gallery.

Advertisement: