News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Hide Board - Permission protect boards

Started by Leaf, December 16, 2005, 01:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RvG

Quote from: lemur21 on May 16, 2007, 08:15:24 AM
Hmmm...I'm missing something then.

You're right - it installs and applies without any errors (skipping the Chinese modifications, I think)...

But, when I go to Permissions -> Permissions by Board and check the permissions for a given user group, I see where it SHOULD be: the second item under "General" - and there is a check box with a check mark in it...but, there is no label for the box (saying, "Enter board").

See the screenshot below -- I think that means something isn't working right :)

Chris

I install this in fresh SMF install 1.1.4 but it have the same problem. There's no error even in the install skipping chinese as well.

Help. :) I really need this mod.

RvG

Hi Leaf, kindly make it compatible with SMF 2.0 b3.1

flyingmongoose

To visibly hide the board I had to modify my BoardIndex.template.php file for my theme.

Also to prevent the search function to search the hidden boards I also had to modify the default Search.template.php template this also prevents it from being a visibly selectable board to search.

Here's how.

Open up the BoardIndex.template.php for your theme and find the following lines:

foreach ($category['boards'] as $board)
{

Place the following below it

if (allowedTo('enter_board', $board['id']))
{

Then find:

echo '
</table>';

And place the following above it

}

Don't worry if the indentations don't match up...unless you're a nut like I am and have to have it look pretty.

Now, to make it not handle search stuff (to the best of my knowledge this should block at least visible ability to search the hidden forums, it may not block all search of it though, I'm still looking into that).

Open up ./Themes/default/Search.template.php
Find the following lines.

foreach ($context['board_columns'] as $board)
{

Below it place the following code.

if (allowedTo('enter_board', $board['id']))
{

Then find the following

echo '
</table><br />

And above it place the following

}

Again don't worry about indentation unless you're a nutter like me.

Now, these theme modifications should prevent physical visibility of your "Hidden" boards, but it won't prevent categories from being displayed, so if your Hidden Boards with this mod are on their own category, that category will still display (I think hiding these may need a seperate mod).

Hope this helps some people trying to get the same functionality as myself.

I use this mod because I want to hide certain boards in which I actually hold content for my web site, but I want people to be able see the content when linked to a content page that is run via SSI functions (makes it quite nice, my entire site is run entirely via forum posts).

RYPWyld

My forum is being used as an extension of my website. The content inside each board is for sale. I need to password protect each board and change the password after each user. Or be able to set access to a specific board to a specific user and not by group. Does this Mod do this? If it does not can you create one that will??

Please email me an answer to [email protected] if possible as I may not be able to find this area again to get my answer!

Thank you so much.

Roger Rabbit

Hi,

Is there any updated version for this modification for SMF 1.1.8 or 1.1.9...

thanks in advance...

pittu

Quote from: Roger Rabbit on June 03, 2009, 03:18:12 AM
Hi,

Is there any updated version for this modification for SMF 1.1.8 or 1.1.9...

thanks in advance...

I am using it with 1.1.11. Working good.

oOo--STAR--oOo

any chance of a 2.0RC2 version as i used this Mod on 1.1.10 and its needed for my new forum :(.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Krysia

Chiming in with those who would like an updated version of this mod for the latest release, RC3. :)

imbuzz

hello any one know that how set  permission download for guests users !! i means links can not show for guest users !! :S ???

imbuzz

Tnx  but i use smf ver : 1.1.11 can you introduce any mod else ?

Advertisement: