Password Protect Boards

Started by Thantos, December 16, 2005, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmhoran

Hmmmm ... it doesn't exist in the RC3 load.php file ???   or the Password Protect load.php file ???

I know from nothing about this stuff ... but ... was just thinking if its missing from the RC3 file ... maybe we should be asking the question, or pointing out the problem in a different forum???

I am as anxious as you are for a resolution.   The "natives" on my site are getting restless  :D

Peter

PS ... if you think its in the Password Protect load.php ... I wonder if we can just add it in ourselves someplace???

Sverre

$GLOBALS['sc'] = &$_SESSION['rand_code'];

Seems to have changed to

$sc = $_SESSION['rand_code'];

in RC3. I have no idea if the mod will actually work if you edit this part of the mod's .xml file though.

pmhoran

Thanks Sverre ... appreciate the added info

But ... I am an admitted idiot when it comes to ANY kind of programming and that includes PHP.   :D

So am hopeful maybe someone with a heck more knowledge than me can figure out a fix for me and let me know how to implement it  :D

Peter

Sverre

Quote from: pmhoran on September 28, 2006, 01:04:06 PM
So am hopeful maybe someone with a heck more knowledge than me can figure out a fix for me and let me know how to implement it  :D

If the following information is correct:

Quote from: Syndel on September 18, 2006, 04:12:36 PM
I have tried the manual installation and the problem is that in RC 3 this string doesn't exist:

<search position="before"><![CDATA[
   $GLOBALS['sc'] = &$_SESSION['rand_code'];]]></search>

in the Load.php

This should be the fix you're looking for:

Quote from: Sverre on September 28, 2006, 12:45:30 PM
$GLOBALS['sc'] = &$_SESSION['rand_code'];

Seems to have changed to

$sc = $_SESSION['rand_code'];

in RC3. I have no idea if the mod will actually work if you edit this part of the mod's .xml file though.

Why don't you try it instead of posting topic after topic about this in the support boards???

EDIT:
You have to edit the MOD's .xml file, NOT Load.php in RC3

pmhoran

Sverre ... I apologize for not fully understanding your original post ... and apparently trying your patience.

When it finally sunk in what you were "attempting" to tell me with your second post ... I just gritted my teeth ... edited the mods install.xml file ... zipped it into a new package.   AND IT WORKED.   

Most surprisingly ... it worked for me.  First time I edited an XML file ... first time I tried to zip something.

Thank you VERY much for your assistance ... from myself & my forum membership.
Again ... if I got on your "wrong side" ... I am sorry.
Peter

Sverre

I'm glad you got it sorted... and don't worry, you have nothing to be sorry about ;)

the budha2000

Hi have have SMF 1.1 RC3 & TinyPortal v0.9.5

When i go to install the password protect boards mod i get these failures.

1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Load.php     Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Code    add_settings.php    
8.    Extract File    ./Sources/passwdBoard.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/passwdBoard.template.php

Can anyone help??? please....

Ps: Fresh install of both smf and tinyportal, no other mods installed.

Rs2armor

could you make this mod work with RC3?

Hwoarang

It would be greatb to have an update of this. I also have one question, in our forum, we want to be able to have clans who are members at us having private discussions on some password protected boards, so would it be possible to make the password protected forums need passwords from mods, global mods and admins as well? How do we do this if so?

Garry1953

Sverre

Thanks for your tip.
Installed perfectly into RC3

vnc

This mod is fixed a bit to work with SMF 1.1RC3

hxxp:mkportal.thevnchannel.com/passwdBoard_0-2.zip [nonactive]

VNC
hxxp:mkportal.vnchannel.net/ [nonactive]
hxxp:www.vnchannel.net/ [nonactive]

Re@PeR

I get something even weirder, when I install the mod, I get a double password box in the "Modify Boards" section. When I enable a password, I need to enter it in both boxes otherwise it doesn't work.
Secondly, I get a double password box on each board index and then I need to enter the password twice in order to enter the board.
Third, when I'm trying to uninstall the buggy mod, it uninstalls, but I then I can't access my board index and it only shows

QuoteUnknown column 'b.passwd' in 'field list'
File: /home/content/M/y/c/MyceeAdmin/html/forums/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 82

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.9, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.8. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Either, how do I make the mod work or how do I uninstall it?

Thanx
Re@PeR
[nofollow] [nofollow]

Lill-Micke

When is this great mod upgraded to SMF 1.1 Final boards?
On my page:
MKPortal M1.1.1
SMF 1.1.1

Xarcell

Quote from: Re@PeR on November 04, 2006, 09:58:53 AM
I get something even weirder, when I install the mod, I get a double password box in the "Modify Boards" section. When I enable a password, I need to enter it in both boxes otherwise it doesn't work.
Secondly, I get a double password box on each board index and then I need to enter the password twice in order to enter the board.
Third, when I'm trying to uninstall the buggy mod, it uninstalls, but I then I can't access my board index and it only shows

QuoteUnknown column 'b.passwd' in 'field list'
File: /home/content/M/y/c/MyceeAdmin/html/forums/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 82

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.9, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.8. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Either, how do I make the mod work or how do I uninstall it?

Thanx
Re@PeR

Sounds like you have double code. You need to check your code installation manually and remove the extra snippets.

JustJen

Quote from: Lill-Micke on December 07, 2006, 01:29:10 AM
When is this great mod upgraded to SMF 1.1 Final boards?

Our board could use this too. :)

Lill-Micke

Is this mod not active eny more?

I hoped that it should be updated to SMF 1.1 Final.

I can't update my board until this mod is updated.  :(

//Micke
On my page:
MKPortal M1.1.1
SMF 1.1.1

teamvtec

Tapsa2

I am also ancious waiting for the 1.1 final update, but as Thantos writes in his signature,   Important Note to Mod Users:  I am planning on updating my mods after Dec 16th.    we will have to wait for a while.
This Mod is just what i need.
Suomi - Finland

say592

Works on 1.1.1 ;) Thanks! It is great!

Ranti84

Quote from: vnc on October 29, 2006, 05:25:49 PM
This mod is fixed a bit to work with SMF 1.1RC3

hxxp:mkportal.thevnchannel.com/passwdBoard_0-2.zip [nonactive]

VNC

Thank you VNC!  This seems to work perfectly with the latest version ^_^

Advertisement: