Password Protect Boards

Started by Thantos, December 16, 2005, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I`m getting almost the same error:

8: Undefined index: passwd
File: /home/bigguy/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1079

Will the updated package take care of this error to ???

wgm

Excellent MOD, works like a charm.

One question though, can Global Mods have same automatic entry as Admins.

Thanks.

Thantos

All moderators have auto entry.

Bigguy:  Try the fix or upgrade the version.

wgm

Quote from: MikeMill on January 02, 2006, 10:09:50 PM
All moderators have auto entry.

Not working then, I have a test account and when I make it a GMod it requires I add password to enter protected forum.

Bigguy

Ok I think I got that one but what is this error:

8: Undefined variable: i
File: /home/bigguy/public_html/smf/Sources/Display.php
Line: 551

Thantos

That must be a different mod Bigguy as this mod doesn't touch Display.php

Bigguy

Have any ideas as to what it belongs to ?

wgm

The Global Mod I have added themselves to be Moderator of the password protected forum in order not to enter a password, still GMod has to enter a password, its not there end as it happens to a test account I give GMod privileges to and try it myself.

wgm

Quote from: Bigguy on January 03, 2006, 12:22:15 AM
Have any ideas as to what it belongs to ?

Just guessing, may be from the "Hide Board - Permission protect boards" (its a link under password protect boards), could've got that "Hide Board - Permission protect boards" instead.

Bigguy

I found out it was an error from the arcade mod. I`m looking into this now, thanks.

teamvtec

Quote from: ViV on December 28, 2005, 10:13:36 AM
I have installed the mod and enabled password on two boards in Manage Boards section. But when I enter the password that we have kept for these two boards on the Board Index, it gives an error saying incorrect password. When we try entering it again on the error page, it doesn't accept it. We have tried different browsers- I.E., Opera, Firefox, Netscape... but no help. Any help please.

I have the same problem, when i enter the password for the board on the error page it does nothing and this goes on forever.
Then when i go to the manage boards/modify board the field for the password is filled with dots, alot more then i typed in as a password so in other words it's creating it's own passwords, reseting has no effect.
Any idea why? http://forum.sirfanaticsholland.com/index.php the board DVD's is protected with password.

Thanks

Byohki

Same here.. It creates 6 fields in the Board Manager and even if I fill in the right password 12 or 20 times it still doesn't work.. :(
Check this out..!!
[nofollow]

Thantos

Quote from: Byohki on January 04, 2006, 02:17:57 AM
Same here.. It creates 6 fields in the Board Manager and even if I fill in the right password 12 or 20 times it still doesn't work.. :(
It sounds like you applied the mod 5 times too many then.  Get fresh copies of the affected files and reapply the mod.

For those who are having problems can you all do a test for me?

Open passwdBoard.template.php:
After    echo '
<div>

Add
';
if (isset($_POST['passwd']) )
{
    echo 'Gave password: ', $_POST['passwd'], ' which hashed to <br />' , sha1($GLOBALS['board_info']['name'],$_POST['passwd']) , ' correct hash is <br />', $GLOBALS['board_info']['passwd'], ' but lets make sure its not the fake passwd <br/>', sha1($GLOBALS['board_info']['name'].'#FAKEPASSWORD');
else
  echo 'No password Given';

If the second and third hashs are the same let me know because thats what the problem will be.

ExistenZ

Regards,
Andre

Byohki

Quote from: MikeMill on January 04, 2006, 10:00:30 AM
Quote from: Byohki on January 04, 2006, 02:17:57 AM
It sounds like you applied the mod 5 times too many then.  Get fresh copies of the affected files and reapply the mod.

For those who are having problems can you all do a test for me?

Open passwdBoard.template.php:
After    echo '
<div>

Add
';
if (isset($_POST['passwd']) )
{
    echo 'Gave password: ', $_POST['passwd'], ' which hashed to <br />' , sha1($GLOBALS['board_info']['name'],$_POST['passwd']) , ' correct hash is <br />', $GLOBALS['board_info']['passwd'], ' but lets make sure its not the fake passwd <br/>', sha1($GLOBALS['board_info']['name'].'#FAKEPASSWORD');
else
  echo 'No password Given';

If the second and third hashs are the same let me know because thats what the problem will be.

Will that solve the problem? If so then I'm more then happy to test it out for ya.. :)
Check this out..!!
[nofollow]

Thantos

No it won't solve anything, but it might let me know why its not working.  Also don't worry it won't show the actual password just the result of the hashing that is stored.

teamvtec

Well i tried it and it's still making it's own password ;D
Now what?

Thanks for the help btw

Thantos

you tell me what the output was from those few lines :)

teamvtec

Quote from: MikeMill on January 04, 2006, 05:52:22 PM
you tell me what the output was from those few lines :)

Don't really know where to look for that output but i looked in the forum log and found plenty of these :D
8: Undefined index: TPortal
File: /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/Themes/default/passwdBoard.template.php (eval?)
Line: 396

7cb200bf4f179137addde94a225ed779

I'm not giving up just yet  ;D

Thantos

Using the change from above you should get something like:
Gave password: bleh which hashed to <br />
<some 32 character hash> correct hash is
<another 32 character hash> but lets make sure its not the fake passwd
<a third 32 character hash>

I want those lines from the error page

Advertisement: