looking for SMF + MKPORTAL Themes

Started by Gobo, December 17, 2005, 12:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobo

hi
i know there are like 4 or 5 themes on the mkportal page but they are very limited selection

does anyone know of a place where I can find some good themes which would be used with mkportal and smf integration?

Thanks

Wolfenrook

I'd love to know if there are as well!  In the meantime what I've done is just to make sure that each of my themes for SMF has a CSS file called style.css as this is what mkportal looks for to share the theme.
Thoughts are free, it's their consequences that often have a cost.

trenchteam

Just use the forum template and make adjustments.

Gobo

thanks

hey can someone help me on how to modify the index file of a template to remove the header and things at the top? Which portions will I have to remove?

Because I think if I can manage that then I could actually make a bunch of mkportal+smf compatible themes using the existing themes from here and like trench said then it could be used with forum settings :D

trenchteam

I dont really understand what you mean about removing the header. The header for which?

Gobo

i mean the things on top like:
Hey, akulion, you have 3 read messages.    December 19, 2005, 11:30:16 PM   
Total time logged in: 1 days, 23 hours and 52 minutes.    
Show unread posts since last visit.    Show new replies to your posts.    
News: Get to know the SMF Team

with the avatar and stuff on top + the links: Home | Help | Profile | Calendar | Logout

those thingies

Prasad007

i;d like a theme too
i wud prefer something dark :)
cud sum1 help me?
thank you!! :)

Gobo

if you want dark check out the Winter Green theme on the http://mkportal.it downloads themes area
its light background with dark headers
But if you edit the HTML using the inbuilt editor u could easily make it really dark.

but if you REALLY want dark then try out the wooden theme on mkportal...its so dark i had to remove it lol

rojamaia

hope people could share MKPortal and SMF matched themes, as i'm also looking for one and i'm really bad at graphics

thanks and Merry Xmas to all!  :-*

Gobo

I tried them but the header info stays (the "welcome user + avatar + inbox status) box at the top

I tried removing it but I cant figure out how so for now im just using a modified theme for joomla which seems to be workin

mrandall131

I'm trying the same thing.  Gave up on the forum template modifications and went with one that was close to what I wanted, and one that had more configuration options in the css file.  Now I'm kinda close to what I want.  I am using blue jeans and started with cali-grey off the MKPortal site.  Been working it for about a week now (only a couple of hours a day).  Once I get it where I want it, I'll post a picture of it (on my test site now).

trenchteam

Well heres my intergration with SMF and MK PORTAL.  I used 7dana theme and the MKPORTAL Forum theme and just changed the CSS colors a bit.  Added a header. TA DA!

http://www.shoyoroll.com

Gobo

wow nice :D

I like ur page

The arcade looks awesome!!

I would love to integrate the arcade with mine but the problem occurs in one of the files - i think its some code I added or one of the mods added (sniff)

miseryshining

If i may advise you.. Tinyportal integrates better with SMF then MKportal. Converting themes is very easy. Most themes are converted already.. Also there is a great and active community on bloczone.net. As of features, its pretty much equal, but TP is just more elegant in the way it integrates.

I wouldn't be surprised if it would become the "official" CMS to go with SMF

trenchteam

I would have chose that but I talked to bloc about a ecommerce solution that I needed, and it wont be coming around for quite sometime.  MK portal just suits my needs better and it integrates just fine.

Gobo

Tiny Portal is absolutely great!!

But to be honest for me mkportal works better because it comes with all the preinstalled features such as gallery, downloads area, blogs, topsites list and a lot of other cool features

so for people looking for a fast easy alternative mkportal is really good - even better than joomla which requires each and everything to be installed seperately
but with mkp they all come installed!

spaceman

I have to agree with that, MKPortal comes with everything but it still needs some modifications here and there (on your own) to make it fits well into your site. Cheers!

Gobo

yea nearly everything nowadays requires modifications...

what is the world coming to!!

lol

miseryshining

Yes it does.. but we all want to have *every* feature, and it has to be integrated also. We are spoiled i guess.

Indeed, it is very easy to get mkportal up and running and if you use a theme without a lot of images it integrates pretty good too.

Advertisement: