News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

looking for mods to create...

Started by GC, December 17, 2005, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GC

I already have plans for the following:

Blinking links when mouse hovers on them <-- 0%
    "You got mail" when you get a PM <-- 100%
    Chat system <-- 0%
    avatar generator (A user enters the text and it displays it) <-- 0%
    rules (shows above every forum) <-- 90%
    image verification on login and registration < -- 10%
    another shoutbox, but at bottom of page <-- 0%
    real names in profile and post <--- 100%
    protect account (if you were to be away for a month or so) <-- 0%
    Forum flash clock <-- 100%
    Topic Description <-- 0%
    Clan names and tags for any game (shows before your name) < -- 100%

Any more? I'm in a scripting mood :)

gri

Quote from: GC on December 17, 2005, 06:18:37 PM
Any more? I'm in a scripting mood :)

GC,
please script the mod of (my) Signature Creating.

Thantos

Quote"You got mail" when you get a PM
How is this different from the current notifications?

Quote5 login attempts
Already in 1.1 :)

Quotereal names in profile
Display Name?

I would look through the feature requests and mod requests to see if any of the requests haven't been done and you feel like doing them.

GC

I just thought of the 5 login attempts lol. and umm the "You got mail" i think is a fun mod, because firefox sometimes blocks that pop-up. And i went through the mod list looking for the real names, it allows users to enter there Real name (first and last if they want) then shows them in posts.

Sheepy

How about the auto moderation mod that Unknown used to talk about?

GC

THe only auto moderation topic i can find is by col
QuoteOK, I accept that this might be a big feature or mod to implement, and I am unsure of what extra load such a scheme might produce, but since the subject of some kind of approval area for posts gets raised pretty often, I thought this might be a way ahead.

The little reading around I have done threw up a kind Bayesian filter that had three mail types (looking at e-mail Bayesian filters): spam, non-spam, and unsure; specifically, this was SpamBayes e-mail filtering. I thought that if such an implementation could be created for SMF posts, that would be a great feature!

Having the third option of 'unsure' seems to improve performance, and would make sense for an environment such as a forum. Whitelisting of certain member and post groups would ensure that most members posts are never affected. If a post is wrongly tagged as spam (offensive), then you will usually hear from the poster, the problem can be corrected, and the intelligent filter will learn. Obviously, occasionally posts will get through that you would prefer filtered, and they can be added to the 'offensive' folder, and again the filter learns. Normally, the only folder that a moderator need look at will be the 'unsure' posts, and this should be small in number to make this a snap to use.

I wonder if there is some way of 'jerry-rigging' an off-the-shelf Bayesian e-mail filter to use the 'posts by e-mail' mod being developed, for basic testing purposes?

From what I've read, the basic theory is not complicated, but obviously there will be complications with intergration to forum software. I'd love to hear if such a scheme is indeed possible, even if not probable in the near future.

Thanks.

gri

Quote from: "url=http://]GC in ~looking for mods to create...~ date=1134862110[/url]"]
More details please.

{
Quote from: "url=http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=59725.msg414931#msg414931]MikeMill in ~"My Watched Topics" list~ date=1134058464[/url]"]
But again stop trying to hijack other people's topics
and start creating your own

gri has created his own topic:
>> http://agreetogri.newmail.ru/stop-drilling-monkeys.htm .

Quote from: e-mail notificationTopic removed: Stop drilling monkeys in Test Board
A topic you are watching has been removed by MikeMill.

Regards,
The Simple Machines Community Forum Team.
}

GC,
    my topics are still under the danger of being removed
                            from simplemachines.org forum.

Would you like to create your own topic "to GC"
                with the global quote of this post
                      and notify me by grivitoutik ?
    So that I could speak to you about the details
    in your.. toogrik.

GC

QuoteGC,
    my topics are still under the danger of being removed
                            from simplemachines.org forum.

Would you like to create your own topic "to GC"
                with the global quote of this post
                      and notify me by grivitoutik ?
    So that I could speak to you about the details
    in your.. toogrik.
^No damn clue what you are talkinga bout there man. Maybe in english?

Dannii

I think Gri basically wants you to completely change SMF so that everything would have "perma-links"/"gravitiks" so that no information is ever lost, or cross-links break.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

GC

Isn't that like completely re-scripting the forum again? lol

Dannii

yep ;) I do like the general idea though. I very much dislike that merging topics makes a new topic.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

GC

Hummm. Maybe make it so that it creates a new topic but deletes the old one?

Dannii

That's what it does. The problem is that the old topic number is lost. Both old topic numbers. If you have a forum with many cross-links it becomes a major problem everytime you merge.

GC

Humm.Ok i have no clue on how to fix that :S

Thantos

In SMF 1.1 at least merge topics do not create a new topic but will add one topic into another.  Without looking at the code it probably uses the topic with the subject you select.

GC

Wait...
If you make a topic, and then merge it. The thing like "topic=61044" is gone and changed into the other one it merged into? I enver knew that! o.O. So basicly, it should have a redirect code in it. So that it redirects you to the other one. Wouldn't that work?

Thantos

Ok let me give an example.
I had two topics, topic=3, topic=4.  I merged them.  topic=4 went bye bye and the messages in it went to topic=3.

Now I do recall a request for redirection topics.  If that mod was created then merging could be done such that the unused topic becomes a redirection to the used topic.

gri

Quote from: GC on December 17, 2005, 10:17:14 PM
Isn't that like completely re-scripting the forum again? lol
GC,

Absolutely No.

l o l

First it can be easily realised
     inside the current SMF program.

One more example of toogrik and correct signature
                      of a newly authorized User :

~to Daniel D.~
<< http://over.lux-mundi.co.uk/night/index.php?topic=24.msg43#msg43