Needed converter phpbb2.0.17 to SMF!

Started by Toufique Ahmed, December 22, 2005, 05:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toufique Ahmed

Hello,
         My name is Toufique Ahmed and i want to convert my phpbb2.0.17 forum into smf. And don't want to loose any post! so i need a converter and another request is that please post tutorial in "Sticky" tutorials to convert from different forums into SMF, Cause i no where in SMF forum foun any tutorial to convert!
So help me!
and for any reference here is my forum link
http://nizamani.com/forum/index.php
Thanks
Toufique Ahmed

Aaron

Toufique Ahmed

Thanks for your reply and giving me the link for converter.......
but i have a request that please post a tutorial in "Sticky" or just like that for converting the forum.....cause there is no reference in that file!
so please give some reference for convertion.
thanks

Oldiesmann

There's not much to do - install SMF on the same database as phpBB, upload the converter to your SMF directory and then run it. That's all there is to it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

dr666

I'm trying to convert from phpbb 2.0.11. The converter looks like it is pulling everything except the users. I do get an error about the version on SMF (1.1rc1) so I changed the script so the version number being looked for is higher than 1.1 and the installer runs. However I get an error after step 1

QuoteWarning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in W:\www\smf\phpbb2_to_smf.php on line 2311

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in W:\www\smf\phpbb2_to_smf.php on line 2316

At first I had created an empty smf database and tried to convertd from the phpbb database to the empty SMF one. I got the above error so I reinstalled smf into the same database as the phpbb forum as this thread seems to suggest and got the same results.

Any ideas here?

Merry Christmas

Toufique Ahmed

Hey
       I am succeeded in converting of phpbb2.0.17 to SMF 1.1.
I had problem of converter, the link given above give the error that i have newer version of SMF so I downloaded another converter for SMF 1.1. And I Succeed............
thanks for your help

Toufique Ahmed

Hello
1-        Try to find a converter that converts phpbb2.0.11 into SMF 1.1.
2-        Or first upgrade your phpbb2.0.11 int phpbb2.0.17 and then convert it into SMF 1.1.
these are my suggestions.
thanks
Toufique Ahmed

dr666

Quote from: dr666 on December 25, 2005, 01:25:30 AM
I'm trying to convert from phpbb 2.0.11. The converter looks like it is pulling everything except the users. I do get an error about the version on SMF (1.1rc1) so I changed the script so the version number being looked for is higher than 1.1 and the installer runs. However I get an error after step 1

QuoteWarning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in W:\www\smf\phpbb2_to_smf.php on line 2311

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in W:\www\smf\phpbb2_to_smf.php on line 2316

At first I had created an empty smf database and tried to convertd from the phpbb database to the empty SMF one. I got the above error so I reinstalled smf into the same database as the phpbb forum as this thread seems to suggest and got the same results.

Any ideas here?

Merry Christmas

Never mind I found it on another post. Uninstalled rc1.1 installed 1.05, then ran the converter. Great stuff. going to update to rc1.1 again.

Thanks

Advertisement: