News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can't seem to post!

Started by CellarDoor649, December 23, 2005, 03:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CellarDoor649

Hey guys. I'm having some problems with my boards:

hxxp:www.apobetabeta.org/forum/board [nonactive]

I can now get into the boards, but I can't make new ones, or post... reply, etc. I've disabled the mod security and ran the settings fixer thing. I have NO idea what to do next. Any ideas? If you need a admin login and pass shoot me a PM...

zedisha

Are you getting this?
QuoteBad request!
Your browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not understand.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 400
www.apobetabeta.org
Fri Dec 23 15:24:15 2005
Apache

Oldiesmann

Sorry for the slow response time. I took a look at this more in-depth the other day and noticed a pattern:

Anytime you try to access a URL with "post(s)" or "calendar" somehwere in the query string, you get this 400 Bad Request error. This makes me think it might be a mod_security issue. Try the fix posted in [[t:Having problems with mod_security?]]. If that doesn't work, ask your host what's going on.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

CellarDoor649

Hey, thanks a lot for your reply. I should have mentioned that I have already tried the mod_security fix. still not working..

so I'm not sure what the issue is. I've talked to my host about it, but as it's a small webserver run by my friend, he doesn't really have much time or knowledge to devout to the problem. So... I'm at a loss...

Advertisement: